Painting PERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skooternb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone tried this...? I'm going to be taking a head apart tonite and would like to be able to do this.

Thanks!

I have not heard about anyone painting pers, whats the plan, what exactly are you making?

I am working on a Sith Luke using the sculpt from HT... Want to give him those Sith red and orange eyes.

I am working on a Sith Luke using the sculpt from HT... Want to give him those Sith red and orange eyes.

Cool project, the only advise I could give is to seal the painted eye ***** cause if you pose them the paint could scrap off against the eyelids.

What about taking out the eyes? Has anyone taken the PERS out of the head?

What about taking out the eyes? Has anyone taken the PERS out of the head?

I've seen that done before, I can't find pics but I'm sure I seen someone take apart the batman pers head for repair before. Wish I could be more helpful, hopefully some else could chime in who did it before.

What are the Pers eyes made off anyway? Are they plastic with pupils inside or are they just painted on? I can't tell.

i broke my spare dx01 joker head intentionally to rip those eyes out for SAG poses. i had to, cause nobody was willing to sell me a broken one LOLZ. i dont intend to paint them. it can be done.

Just went for it... which considering I'm a watchmaker I should have just done anyways.

Take the little screws out and the holding plate comes right out.

Then you have to forse the part that contains the PERS out. This might not be necessary but I did it anyways.

Now you have the actual eyes and hinges exposed, and you just pull it out. Have to be a little tough as they are wedged in there pretty good.

And wallah!

Time to paint!

awesome tutorial man!!...i also took apart some Pers when i first got the joker 1.0 and never erturned to it,..i actually have the same idea for a different Sith but glad to know that thst this one worked for you...i can also see that they did reinforce the eye things...before it use to be just one little piece holding everything together...it was no wonder why so many early DXes had eye breakage problems....:)...definitely show us pics when you are done!!!...:)

Back