After Cap, who's the next most requested Marvel PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This guy?

thor20sneaks201.jpg

A villain? One of the ladies? I wonder who SS will get the most requests for now.

i do hope it is Thor or another Marvel character from another comic book. I just wished that SS would get away from X-men and Spiderman for a while.

I'll say the same thing I said when we were suggesting Cap PF:

If there was ever a time to do a Thor statue it is now. Civil War is putting a lot of Marvel characters in the spotlight by re-envigorating them. Thor is the one Marvel icon that deserves a PF the most.

A PF Thor would be awsome and my first choice but I think we need another Marvel lady in the PF ranks. I think a Scarlet Witch would be a good choice.

Yes lets please not do another X-figure. Although I wouldnt mind a PF comic version Rogue.

Khev said:
This guy?

thor20sneaks201.jpg

A villain? One of the ladies? I wonder who SS will get the most requests for now.

Or this version

Ultimates04.jpg

Either way, Thor!!!!

Or Mephisto.............

I hope Sideshow is not 100% against it.

Though all the original 616 versions need to be made of the characters first, I still hope down the road, they make an Ultimate Thor. I know SLF, there are a few of you out there that do not wish to see the Ultimate versions of characters made, but that doesn't keep some of us from hopeing.

I would just like to see some other charcters made. Although I would love to see more of Wolverine, it is exciting to see the others being done as well.

Mithrandier,

The Ultimate retro style Cap uniform is very interesting and would have been the best opportunity to do an Ultimate character as an exclusive. The absence of it pretty much told me that Sideshow is not going in that direction.

I think the problem with the Ultimate characters is that, in the PF scale, it's an expensive proposition. That version of the characters is not what most people grew up with. Meaning that most collectors that can afford these pieces would not be as familiar with the Ultimate stuff and they may sell poorly like Elektra PF exclusive. Some probably said: "why is she wearing white? that's not Elektra!". Same with the Ultimate stuff.

Not to mention what I said before, at the PF scale you probably will want the most iconic version of the character. Those of us that own at least a couple of PF pieces understand that these things are pretty big when they are in front of you. Do I really want Thor with a goatee and a "strong man county fair" mallet in that size? :monkey3

Gotta agree with SLF, the more iconic costume is better. Plus, since the Ultimates are a whole different universe, I find myself feeling different about those versions of the characters. I can't say I'd be as tempted to spend my money on regular Thor and Ultimate Thor.

The Ultimate universe is really a niche seller in the market place that even Marvel is unsure how to market. Look at the poorly handled cartoon version that was neither 616 nor Ultimate but somewhere in the middle. The classic marvel characters have more than enough "looks" to satisfy for many years without branching into other lines and what ifs.

It will be interesting to see if the new version of Thor coming to comics soon will retain the classic look.

Mithrandier said:
I hope Sideshow is not 100% against it.

Though all the original 616 versions need to be made of the characters first, I still hope down the road, they make an Ultimate Thor. I know SLF, there are a few of you out there that do not wish to see the Ultimate versions of characters made, but that doesn't keep some of us from hopeing.

I would just like to see some other charcters made. Although I would love to see more of Wolverine, it is exciting to see the others being done as well.

Uhhhhhhhhh, I am really sorry guys, but I do not think I am really arguing with any of you. Actually agreeing, see the statement above. Just adding sorta my own wish to it as well. The statue that I wouuld like to see of Ultimate Thor would be better suited for comiquette style anyways.

The 616 universe is better suited for PF than the Ulrimate lines anyways, with the Ultimate line costumes haveing a lot more leather, rather than the 616 spandex type.

FYI, comics have been a part of my life for as far as I can remember. All of the comic book geeks I know, know of the Ultimate Universe and the Ultimates, one way or the other. Unless you are talking about someone who has not picked up a comic book, been in a comic shop or looked at the internet in the past 5 years or so, not seen either Ultimates cartoon, and they just so happen upon SS collectibles, then yes I can see where they would not know who these icon "wannabes" are. I still consider the 616 uni the proper. I only get The Ultimates in TPB form and have a subscription to Ultimate X-Men. I don't remember how many 616 subscriptions I have off the top of my head. As I stated above, any regular edition "whatever" format collectible by SS, the 616 definately need to be done prior to any other "what if" or secondary universe. Now "exclusives" accesories, bring them on in any uni. For me that is.:rolleyes:

Icemizer said:
It will be interesting to see if the new version of Thor coming to comics soon will retain the classic look.

My guess is that the classic look will be the only way the true Thor would ever be. I do not see him being a Thunderstrike type character or a Ultimate Uni type character.

If they change his look on Earth, would it be any different in Asgard. It usually does not change. And I do not see him being in the Rune armor or the Odinpower. It will be interesting to see what level of power he comes back with also.

Mithrandier said:
Uhhhhhhhhh, I am really sorry guys, but I do not think I am really arguing with any of you. Actually agreeing, see the statement above. Just adding sorta my own wish to it as well.

We know man. We are not arguing either. Just discussing the possibility or unlikeliness of Ultimate sculpts from Sideshow. It's cool that you are a long time comics fan. I've been following comics for about 16 years now.

It's all good! :cool:

Sometimes Changes is a good thing!!! :D :D

I actually think some of the newer versions of these characters look better then the old ones! :monkey3

creature4000 said:
Sometimes Changes is a good thing!!! :D :D

I actually think some of the newer versions of these characters look better then the old ones! :monkey3

i totally agree with you, for example the new Venom looks damn wicked :devil

While I'm sure its not "Most Requested" I'd love an good Onslaught PF or a Sentinel with a small band of X-Men at his base. Old School X-Men from Giant Size #1 type...:D

Jedi_Mike said:
While I'm sure its not "Most Requested" I'd love an good Onslaught PF or a Sentinel with a small band of X-Men at his base. Old School X-Men from Giant Size #1 type...:D

I'd be surprised if they do the other 2 Sentinel Vs pieces to round off the Astonishing Xmen group.

Back