Nothing new the rest of the year?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
That's what it looks like anyways between SW and LOTR. Guess that's good since I just bought a car.

I guess this is good news. It will at least afford me the ability to save up for a while and maybe even pick up a piece or two that I've been putting off due to everything else coming out.

Although, the first QTR of 2007 just got even more expensive.

Right now Im probably looking at around $1500 for the first quater just from Sideshow. Fun fun fun.

Right now I have $1730 scheduled to ship in the first quarter from Sideshow and I only collect SW 12" and PF and 12" LOTR. I see alot of people not being a completist anymore.

jason, that's why I didnt jump into the PFs. My issue is I have LOTR (1 ex Legolas, 1 regular and 1 reg boromir) and Star Wars (everything 1/6 and an extra ERT bundle). This makes me sad. :monkey2

Memnoch21 said:
jason, that's why I didnt jump into the PFs. My issue is I have LOTR (1 ex Legolas, 1 regular and 1 reg boromir) and Star Wars (everything 1/6 and an extra ERT bundle). This makes me sad. :monkey2
But now that I have 6 PF I wouldnt trade them for anything and I absolutely love them and this line will be the centerpiece of my collection when its all said and done. I just think that Fett or Jabba or the ERT will get delayed. I actually still got to get my exclusive Fett to convert from the wait list.

BTW there only going to have 650 of Sidehsow Brant as ERT tomorrow to sell. The total edition size is only 3200.

never mind, I just read the newsletter :monkey2 kinda sucks, just added it up, looks like I've got $2100 scheduled for Q1. Everybody's getting day old donuts for christmas this year.

Is this sideshow's way of forcing us to spend money on xmas gifts??

No, it's Sideshow's way of giving their employees a break from pre-orders, shipping, and customer service around the holidays before the big 1st quarter rollout.

At least I will be getting alot for my B-day as it is in February. People on a budget now need to start saving instead of trying to fill holes because they will need it. Also people will can get tax returns which could help.

I just find it impossible that there won't be further delays because I really don't see how ALL their products and imports scheduled for first quater will arrive smoothly and ship out smoothy without any shipping or production snafus. Alot of things are scheduled for Q1, and Im sure we will start seeing things slide into Q2

Memnoch21 said:
I just find it impossible that there won't be further delays because I really don't see how ALL their products and imports scheduled for first quater will arrive smoothly and ship out smoothy without any shipping or production snafus. Alot of things are scheduled for Q1, and Im sure we will start seeing things slide into Q2
Well all I can say is remember September 2006.:D

Also will this mean that nothing else will ship in this style packaging and they will switch to 30th anniversary.

Ya know, I hope SS takes the logical step and if they see alot of things arriving within 2 weeks of each other... they ship it all together. I reallly do. I'd rather wait a little longer and pay less then be the first to have it and pay more. Plus I'm at school so either way I can't play with my stuff.

Memnoch21 said:
Ya know, I hope SS takes the logical step and if they see alot of things arriving within 2 weeks of each other... they ship it all together. I reallly do. I'd rather wait a little longer and pay less then be the first to have it and pay more. Plus I'm at school so either way I can't play with my stuff.
I know what you mean but I only open the PF right now I just check for damage on 12" and put them back in the boxes. I will eventually in a few year display them. I may go ahead and get a case for Jabba. I thought about making the cases big enough to fit the figure and the box so they can be displayed really neatly.

jason2885 said:
Also will this mean that nothing else will ship in this style packaging and they will switch to 30th anniversary.

I REALLY hope that only applies to the PF and statues.

It'd be a shame and utterly dumb to break up the standard of all the 12" box art for just the ones that came out in one paticular year.

LFL are idiots as usual.

Poggle the Greater said:
I REALLY hope that only applies to the PF and statues.

It'd be a shame and utterly dumb to break up the standard of all the 12" box art for just the ones that came out in one paticular year.

LFL are idiots as usual.
I agree 100% I like uniformity and changing packaging like this messes with uniformity. I want them all to look the same. I think they are having to do that for 12" as well and its not like the new style is cool looking or anything it look pretty blah. This is not SSC fault you can blame the intellects at Lucasfilm for this

Back