New to the Game, but an old time collector

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Ely and I used to collect action figures, statues and mini-busts when I was in my late teens and early 20's.
After that, I got into collecting life sized items, Star Wars helmets, 1:1 statues (including the 8 ft. Hulk which still guards my garage).
I'm a part time sculptor and do mostly portrait busts of movie/tv characters, but also make replica props.
I'm on ebay under the same name, but don't sell any of my work there, mostly use it just for buying stuff. . . and between my wife and I, we've purchased quite a lot through the years.

I have a site I haven't updated lately to showcase some of my work at bustedupstudios.com

Anyway, just got into 1/6th scale collecting and now have several (Hot Toys IM MKII, MKIII, Jack Sparrow, DX 06 Jack Sparrow, DX09 Keaton Batman and just purchased DX 08 Nicholson from a member here and DX as well as the Christopher Reeve Superman.
Not Hot Toys, but I also have the Big Chief 11th Doctor 1/6 figure.
. . . oh and the tiny Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile.

Looking forward to learning and purchasing more stuff, so expect PMs from me if you have stuff I want :wink1:

Welcome to the Freaks
hia.gif

Thanks guys! Been having a blast looking around and getting familiar with the site. Too many cool things, not enough money :D
Members have been great to deal with and just got a MKI from another member. That makes 3 purchases in under a week, man I really need to pace myself:thud:

Gladly, it fits in my garage. I was afraid it wasn't going to since we moved to a different house, but we squeezed him in there. Broke one of those bulbs though, but he stands facing the door as you walk in.
Had a blast watching people do double takes on the street when we moved :)

Great to have you on the board. Hope to purchase one of your Goldbulm sculpts. Magnificent Work I must say...

Back