Average household income of collectors?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your HOUSEHOLD income (please note with kids option)

• less than $50,000, no kids

Votes: 67 28.0%
  • less than $50,000, have kids

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • $50,000-$75,000, no kids

Votes: 21 8.8%
  • $50,000-$75,000, have kids

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • $75,000-$100,000, no kids

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • $75,000-$100,000, have kids

Votes: 24 10.0%
  • $100,000-$125,000, no kids

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • $100,000-$125,000, have kids

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • $125,000 - $200,000

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • over $200,000

Votes: 21 8.8%

• Total voters

Aumakua

Super Freak
Reaction score
okay thought this would be an interesting poll, there are many people on these boards who complain about prices but still keep on buying and others who just buy buy buy and say the price isn't a problem.

of course there are many other factors, like someone making $50K a year but living in a $1,000/month apartment with no car, no wife, no kids, has more spending cash than someone with the same income but with a wife, kids and car...

this is NOT a public poll (user name not shown with your selection)

Last edited:
Does income matter?

Should probably be what's your monthly spending budget for toys and such. . .

1) $100
2) $200
3) $300
4) $400
5) $500

I think most people here make under $40,000, but mark my words, most people here are young and these type of collectors always end up with serious $$$ later in life eventually..

I don't know if I qualify... I get paid around 8.000 argentiian pesos every month.

But 1 argentinian peso DOESN'T equal 1 dollar.

The equivalence is more like 7 argentinian pesos = 1 dollar, more or less.

Of course, within Argentina, 8.000 pesos every month isn't bad, plus I'm single and have NO kids. But I'm not exactly in the same situation than a person in the USA earning 8.000 dollars.

Edit: Made a little correction about the equivalence of money...

Last edited:
very interesting, so over 50% make less than $75K household and almost all of that is the "no kids" option.

Also not surprised that around 15% makes over $200K (household) as this is a very expensive hobby.

Personally the vast majority of my collection was bought BEFORE kids and that was when the prices were about $150 for HT figures so I bought EVERY figure they produced even if I wasn't a huge fan. Good thing I did, my collection is pretty much self sustaining now, not too much new money going into it, selling old figures I didn't care for too much to buy new ones I like more. But I have become a lot more selective, probably only buy 50% of their figures since the average price is now $220. Also have sold off almost all my PF sideshow figures to fund my HT collection. If only I didn't have daycare to pay for :gah:

I did something similar, But my collection is reffered to as "the black hole" once something goes in, it NEVER comes out.

Though lately, i've cut out allmost ALL of Hot toys. I don't need 20 300$ iron man variants.

I think most people here make under $40,000, but mark my words, most people here are young and these type of collectors always end up with serious $$$ later in life eventually..

lulz what?

While the amount of money matters, I think it is how we prioritize our spending money for HT. In order to buy I have to tell myself no more going out to bars and drinking a couple 100s awat each night. As long as you don't try to spread your money across all your areas of enjoyment, then you will find you can really spend alot on toys :) That being said I don't have kids either.

baby_throwing_money_coins.gif

This Hobby is a lot like My arcade hobby. It crosses many income and lifestyle brackets. Doing so, Most people are gonna make under 50k because most people make under 50k lol

I earn about £13,000 a year after taxes, live at home with my parents (saving up for a deposit on a house - but the average house in a twenty mile radius of my workplace is £250,000+ so that's going to take a while). I pay housekeeping, and my monthly expenditures are saving for the deposit, my mobile phone bill, my car insurance, sponsoring a dog with Dog's Trust, and Netflix.

Last year I spent a lot on toys, but this year I've realised I'd rather save up for high-end collectibles than buy lots of little cheapies. It'll be interesting to see if that makes 2014 more or less expensive than 2013.

Back