Shogun Bender!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taibhse

Super Freak
Reaction score

This just went up for PO on BBTS.. I'm not normally a fan of the Shogun Warriors.. but this is giant Bender Rodriguez awesomeness!
:rock

"Amy Wong: Bender, how could you flush Nibbler down the toilet?
Bender: Well, step one, I had to lift the lid. That was the first little annoyance. Am I right, men? "

..Forbidden Planet in the UK, say they currently have no plans to PO / stock this awesome figure!.. but they still have the Talking Robot Devil figure on PO.. from October 2012...
:gah:

This is so bad ***! I just saw this on BBTS and instantly shot a pre order

They should just re-release the 6" Benders. They are great and yet hard to find at reasonable price these days.

Pricey but ordered. Need to add to my collection of Benders. I hope Toynami offers Gender Bender separately outside of the SDCC 2013 exclusive combo pack.

The 6 inch benders are cool, but you can't lie, size is sometimes everything,

Any update on this guy?

I preordered him in early Sept at EE. They originally have him listed as coming out in Nov., now it says Dec.
Now here I see FP has it listed as mid Jan.

Couldnt pass up on a big Bender.

Also listed as Pre-Sold Out

Last edited:
Got shipping notice today.

Gotta ask, who did you order it from?
.. because I just got a message from Forbidden Planet (.com) in the UK today, suggesting the figure had been cancelled! -

"Thank you for ordering:

2915173 Futurama: Shogun Warriors Vinyl Figure: Bender QTY 1

The suppliers have informed us that this item has now been discontinued and they will no longer be supplying us with this product. Our apologies for the delay to informing you of this, we had hoped to complete this for you.

Regrettably this item on your order has had to be cancelled. Please be assured that you have not been charged."

:gah:

Edit - Just noticed that you mentioned Entertainment Earth in an earlier post.. I am going to be absolutely gutted if I placed a pre-order with the wrong supplier when I trusted Forbidden Planet back in August.. they didn't relist Big Chief's Dynamix Doctor Who figure, once it was available either.
:stake

Here he is.

Bender_zps60030851.jpg

Honestly...
Pretty heavy / thick.
Came in box as one piece.
150 seems a tad pricey for what you get, material-wise...but hey, t is a 2 foot tall version of Bender. Plus I have spent more on less.

Major complaint is just the door on his chest. It opens, but there is literally nothing behind it. As in it is still just a round gray torso. Door reveals a very shallow indent to allow the door to close and be flush to the outer body and that is about it.

Head turns.
Shoulders rotate to raise/lower arms.
Forearms/wrist twist to...I guess allow "aiming" better.
Projectiles shoot out fairly decently. In the end I do not plan on shooting and losing his hands too much.

PermaG your pic is tempting me so bad to pick this up. A local comic shop has several on order and reselling for no mark-up so I may wait until they get him in hand.

mine is on the way, but i expected at least a compartment behind the door, 150 + 64 shipping to spain + about 40 in customs and nothing behind the door :(

I would like interchangeable eyes or a beer bottle accesory......but no matter . it's a bid cool bender

mine is on the way, but i expected at least a compartment behind the door, 150 + 64 shipping to spain + about 40 in customs and nothing behind the door :(

I would like interchangeable eyes or a beer bottle accesory......but no matter . it's a bid cool bender
Beer Bottle accessory definitely would have been nice!

Cigar, Bottle, and eyes would have been cool. Then maybe able to be stored in his chest. ;)

Back