Sideshow on Ebay..flippers-scalpers WHATEVER!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owtkasted

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Why do people buy the exclusives only to put them on ebay? I feel that is one of the most sad things to do as a collector or human in general. Is it worth the trouble to make $60? You can get $60 from collecting cans and bottles. As a collector, its nice to have an item that there is only a few made but to buy these items just to resale for a FEW bucks is so sad its funny. I know there are people here that do that but:rolleyes:

I hear ya owtkasted and agree with you...............no debate there:D

But really, the flippers are gonna be all over your loud arse remarks, you have been warned. Just cause you are right and they are wrong.:D

Hey now, those flippers have to pay for their WoW accounts somehow!

(frantically looks for pic of computer guy in WoW South Park episode)

I confess freely to having flipped a few figures, pre-joining this board.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it at the time. Basically, I wanted to order the figure, see it in person, THEN decide if I wanted to keep it. On the oh so rare occasion that I decided to part with it, I'd put it up on eBay for exactly what I paid. If I made a profit, it always went right back to Sideshow. :rolleyes:

I don't do this anymore. I'm much more careful with my money. But I really don't think that "flipping" is as great an evil as some on these boards make it out to be. Mountain out of a mole hill.

Let the flaming commence. :emperor

Customikey said:
...Basically, I wanted to order the figure, see it in person, THEN decide if I wanted to keep it. On the oh so rare occasion that I decided to part with it, I'd put it up on eBay for exactly what I paid. If I made a profit, it always went right back to Sideshow....

I think he is referring to those we all know and love who sell them for twice the ppo price and putting them up for sale 5 minutes after the items sell out...

No Mikey, you are not the devil you perceive yourself to be. ;)

It is posted again.............and again...........and again...........and will continue to be posted until the flippers are no more. Or until they decide that, like those that do not like the idea of flipping, no one will change anyones idea of wrong(flipping) or right(non-flipping) by posting their opinions on this subject.:D

I dont understand the point in buying a item ONLY to resale it to make a few bucks.

owtkasted said:
I dont understand the point in buying a item ONLY to resale it to make a few bucks.

I will admit I have done it. I won the lottery for the McFarlane Deion Sanders exclusives so I bought my 4 for $10 each and sold them for $40 each... helped pay for Jabba.

madden821 said:
I will admit I have done it. I won the lottery for the McFarlane Deion Sanders exclusives so I bought my 4 for $10 each and sold them for $40 each... helped pay for Jabba.

We all see the problem with that statement...............anybody, anybody???

You just admitted, not to flipping, but to actually purchasing a Deion Sanders figure, or anything Neon Deion for that matter.

You really do have a problem. Sorry madden821 but you really are mad.........:D :lol :rotfl

Mithrandier said:
We all see the problem with that statement...............anybody, anybody???

You just admitted, not to flipping, but to actually purchasing a Deion Sanders figure, or anything Neon Deion for that matter.

You really do have a problem. Sorry madden821 but you really are mad.........:D :lol :rotfl

But it was bought with the intention of selling to feed my Sideshow habbit... I want to say right now that I do not, and never will, condone the purchase of any Deion Sanders related items... except for the sole purpose of quick resale.

Too late..............you are a Neon Deion lover...........you probably have his CD and everything................

Do not let him fool you, madden821 is a Deion Sanders fan. He is coming out and saying it, but trying to hide it with the flipper cover. We all see through it.:D :lol :rotfl

Be true to yourelf, don't hide it. You should change your screen name to Neon Deion...........or Neon Celene Deion..............

owtkasted said:
Why do people buy the exclusives only to put them on ebay? I feel that is one of the most sad things to do as a collector or human in general. Is it worth the trouble to make $60? You can get $60 from collecting cans and bottles. As a collector, its nice to have an item that there is only a few made but to buy these items just to resale for a FEW bucks is so sad its funny. I know there are people here that do that but:rolleyes:

Please take these surveys. :D

Sideshow Survey 1

Sideshow Survey 2

Sideshow Surveys: The Truth!

Back