What titles are in your comic account at your LCS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarthNeil

I live over an hour away from my "local" comic store so I've got an account and whenever I swing through I pick loads of reading. What titles are you buying religiously? How would you rank them (say 1-5... 1 being weak and on the verge of cancelling and 5 being a mustread as soon as you get it into your hands?)?

Here are my titles:

BATMAN (Detective Comics) 4
BATMAN (Dark Knight) 4
BATMAN 4
BATMAN & ROBIN (3... drop since Robin's death)
BATMAN INC. 2.5 (losing interest)
HUNTRESS/POWER GIRL 2.5 (started strong...)
EARTH 2 4
JUSTICE LEAGUE 3
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 3

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE 3
SECRET AVENGERS 3.5
UNCANNY AVENGERS 4
THE AVENGERS 1.5 (really closing to dumping this one)
NEW AVENGERS 3.5
AA- MURDER WORLD 4
THE ULTIMATES 3
CAPTAIN AMERICA 3.5
THE INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK 2.5 (don't like the art change)
THOR THE GOD OF THUNDER 5 (LOVE everything about this title)
THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN 5 (BEST READ)
THANOS RISING 4
DEXTER 2
INFINITY NA
AVENGERS A.I. 2.5
HUNGER 3.5

STAR WARS 3
(waiting until Sept.) THE STAR WARS

We funny Americans call this a Pull List. Here is mine (currently):

Batman
Batman and Robin
Batman Inc.
Batman/Superman
Captain Midnight
DC Batman Automobilia Fig Coll Mag
Earth 2
Hack/Slash
Justice League Dark
Occupy Comics
The Owl
The Phantom Stranger
Saga
Sex
Talon
Trillium
The Wake
The X-Files: Season 10

I do pick up an occasional book or series outside of my usual pull list (such as Justice League and Justice League America in the current "Trinity War" cross-over) and a Marvel book here and there (when the writing isn't pure crap), but otherwise this is my current pull list and the only titles I am reading every month. But I add and drop stuff all the time.

Have you felt that BATMAN & ROBIN has deteriorated since they killed off Robin? I really enjoyed (in the last run) when it was **** Grayson under the cowl with Damian as his impetuous Robin. I wish that had gone on longer-- but then I also really liked **** Grayson's first run with the cowl back in the 90's after Knightfall.

I order everything online as its easier than trying to get to my local comic book store. I've dropped a lot of titles lately though and am only picking up a handful of titles.

Batman (loving every issue since the first one)
Batman and Robin
Batman Inc
Nightwing
Superman Unchained
Batman/Superman
Green Arrow (started from issue 17 when Lemire took over and its been awesome)

I was buying Swamp Thing but stopped after Snyder finished writing and was buying Action Comics until Morrison finished his run.

I have recently downloaded the first 6 issues of Justice League and quite enjoyed it, thought about starting to buy it monthly but now the big crossover has started I'm thinking its not the best time to start.

Have you felt that BATMAN & ROBIN has deteriorated since they killed off Robin? I really enjoyed (in the last run) when it was **** Grayson under the cowl with Damian as his impetuous Robin. I wish that had gone on longer-- but then I also really liked **** Grayson's first run with the cowl back in the 90's after Knightfall.

I think the first issue after Damian died was brilliant. With no dialogue or text whatsoever. Really emotional purely through visuals. Since then I feel its been kind of just average, each issue is equally as good but nothing spectacular. I suppose as its like lots of single issues as opposed to an ongoing story or arc. Each issue is Bruce still trying to deal with the grief of losing his son.

I live in Greece and i pay around the double price and in euro so my pull list is somewhat limited. Anyway, here it is:

Superior Spider-Man
Earth 2
Superior Spider-Man Team Up
New Avengers
Secret Avengers
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Green Lantern
Batman
Deadpool

Dropped:
Venom ( i didn't like the art that much but after 37 i'm thinking of starting it again)
Scarlet Spider (i might start it again)
Spawn (i bought 2 or 3 issues and it was awful)
Uncanny Avengers
Flash

Considering to start:
Venom
Scarlet Spider
Larfleeze
Marvel NOW! Wave two is said to feature more obscure characters such as the Silver Surfer so i'll wait a bit.

Back