Combat Creatures Attacknids R/C spider robots

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2216

Freaked Out
Reaction score
combat-creatures-rc-attacknid-stryder.jpg

I don't know if these Attacknid R/C robots have been mentioned here before, but they just went up for preorder here in the U.S. at Toys R Us (they've already been released overseas in the UK from company Wowstuff)...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH84c_IG_x8[/ame]

And for the hobbyist/customizers out there, the toy's inventor has a Kickstarter for a build-it-yourself kit using the same base body but with slightly different armor...

0db08bab4bfe3c10127a3f057e1d4f7f_large.jpg

I think I remember the promo video the guy made when pitching the idea, it was pretty cool to see the passion the guy had to see his creation see the light of day, cool to see it made the cut:clap:clap

Great! happy to see this hitting the stores.
Hope some customizers will create some cool armors.

After the Kickstarter ended up petering out, I went and picked up a couple "lightly used" version 1 Attacknids off of eBay for good prices:

1278188_10200992192140920_1805817784_n.jpg

The version 1's only come in the red and black color... I'm in the process of customizing a set of armor. I decided to try coloring it with fabric dye, and I'm happy with the results:

attacknid-dark.jpg

Added the finishing touches to my Attacknid Dark custom. Applied some Gundam waterslide decals, used watercolor and acrylic paint to weather it in a style inspired by ThreeA Toys' Popbot and World War Robot figures, and sealed it with a couple passes of Testors Dullcote. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and really enjoyed working on it.

Dark1.png

Dark2.png

Dark3.png

Sporting the new Dart Blaster:

dark-dart.jpg

Last edited:
Back