Motorized M134 Minigun for Enterbay Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okiedokie, Im going to scratchbuild a motrized M134 minigun for the enterbay Terminator. I have yet to get the BD terminator, and my previous use of the Argonauts 1/4 scale minigun was touted as being to small. I have found the size issue conflicting:slap. . . . .lol as the real minigun is smaller than most think, but Arnie(or make that James Cameron) did use the same REAL de-milled blank firing minigun that was used in Predator. This was a real G.E. minigun, unmodded by Dillion Aero. So I figured what the hell, Ill build one myself, and one that the barrels actually spin up. So to start , I am using a Traxxas Mini rc car motor. Its the brushed motor found in Traxxas 1/16 scale vehicles, it will be powered by a mini 7.2 volt battery with simple on, off switch. The rest is being built out of sheet styrene and tube and square stock by evergreen styrene and plastruct.

note that the Argonauts minigun body is next to my scratchbuild, I used it for reference as its a thourghly researched and acurrate, if undersized representation of the g.e. minigun

Moving along on the main body and starting the feed chute receiver and spent shell ejector

rolling along with the handle assembly and continuing the detail on the feed chute receiver. I am basically stacking parts on top of each other, all are very simple shapes and towards the end they come together to look complicated and machined, pretty cool, and pretty easy

Thanks centurion! Its flowing together very easily which is scary, I know Im gonna hit a snag somewhere, Just got all the main body peices done except for the joystick style handle(thats a tough one, not sure yet what Im gonna do) and the barrel assembly. I cant wait to get some paint on this thing!

Time to update my thread, heres some more shots of the feed chute and delinker finished

Here are some shots of the "motor" and the barrels, the barrels are a two stage grouping with two different sizes of tubing, the larger size is yet to be added

Thanks guys! just got the barrel assembly done, which is arguably the hardest part to get right and true of any minigun scratchbuild. I have a brass tube running the legth of the barrels and it is soldered to a pinion gear that will be attached to the motor shaft so it will spin, all thats left now is some refining of the body and handle(as well as that pesky flight control style rear handle) and Ill start painting it. Thanks for everyones comments and if anyone has any input feel free to comment!

So now all of the main sub assemblies are completed, so now Ive base coated them with some Tamiya gunmetal, mixed with black, and then dusted with panzer gray. The real minigun is a dark anadonic gray so this is a great mixture to represent that. Next up is some washes and drybrushing to weather it.

Looks awesome. For some reason I find the carrying handle assembly particularly impressive - very clean. You're encouraging me to get back to my 120mm scale minigun!

Thanks man, Ill be sure to send you some pics of all my terminator goodness, and yeah the carry handle went together surprisingly easy, little bit of evergreen brand styrene strip, square stock, and tubing and some bending and gentle(cursing) persuasion. . .

I suppose I found it easy because I had already built a full scale replica, using some plans I found for free online by a gentleman aptly named killbucket, heres some pics of the 1/1 scale, full size minigun

so here are some more pics of the 1/4 scale minigun for my enterbay arnie, Ive put a black wash on them and done a bit of drybrushing, this is just to shade and emphasis the details before weathering commences.

Thanks guys! Hers sosme pics ive taken with my new phone, I think they look better than my digital camera, gonna post a quick video of the thing running, I tested it last night and it works! Now I just have to figure out how to post a video, im a bit of a technological caveman, so please bear with me. . .

Back