NECA Retro Colth Mego-esque figures of Jason and Freddy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw these on Amok Time's site. Listed as a NECA identified product. This is the first I have heard of these---and they apparently will be ready for this October? Talk about an "October surprise". Has anyone else seen or heard of these being talked about? Couldn't find a thread. Kinda neat and affordable at 49.99 a set.

retro-8in-jason-freddy-set-5.jpg

The clothes look like ****,but I actually kind of dig them.
Curious to see what else will come out of this line

I don't like them at all. I get what they are but I feel ignored as someone who is wanting 1/6th, and 1/4th horror stuff. Instead we get stuff like this. Saddens me. :(

I don't like them at all. I get what they are but I feel ignored as someone who is wanting 1/6th, and 1/4th horror stuff. Instead we get stuff like this. Saddens me. :(

Yeah---but NECA has already given us 1/4 Jasons. several, in fact. As well as 1/4 scale Michael Myers and Freddy. Sideshow already covered the bases of 1/6 Jasons and Freddies. So----why not Megos? I get you hate them....but why re-do a scale they have already done?:dunno

Yeah---but NECA has already given us 1/4 Jasons. several, in fact. As well as 1/4 scale Michael Myers and Freddy. Sideshow already covered the bases of 1/6 Jasons and Freddies. So----why not Megos? I get you hate them....but why re-do a scale they have already done?:dunno

yeah I guess this is at least different

Quality has jumped bounds and leaps since then. Can you imagine a 1/4th articulated Ash or a Part 4 Jason? Pure win. These... I don't know. Just re doing something that was done 40 years ago is worse IMO then going back to 1/6th, 1/4th. Yeah those bases were covered.... but now need re visiting. Some of their 1/4th is their most sought after stuff.

Quality has jumped bounds and leaps since then. Can you imagine a 1/4th articulated Ash or a Part 4 Jason? Pure win. These... I don't know. Just re doing something that was done 40 years ago is worse IMO then going back to 1/6th, 1/4th. Yeah those bases were covered.... but now need re visiting. Some of their 1/4th is their most sought after stuff.

I agree with this.

I don't hate Megos, but some new 1/4 horror offerings would be preferred. These Mego offerings always seem to sit around at my local shops. But I'd flip for 80's Jason or Evil Dead 2 ash in 1/4 scale.

I really wish another company could get the 1/6 license for Friday the 13th. I like the old SSC figures but its time for some updated Jasons with today's quality.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

These figures come as a bit of a surprise. Especially since they were movie licenses after the Mego era of toys (yes I'm aware of Maxx Fx).

I hope they give us some wonderful packaging / with some old school illustrations, that would really sell in these figures and give them some much needed merit and nostalgia. Otherwise I don't really see the point in rendering new figures down to look like crappy toys of yesteryear. I'll look forward to seeing the final product.

I really wish another company could get the 1/6 license for Friday the 13th. I like the old SSC figures but its time for some updated Jasons with today's quality.
Totally agreed. The old ones look pretty dated and the customs are out of reach for most collectors. Would love to see current SSC/HT-quality versions of Jason.

hopefully they do a 8" Mego Evil dead 2 Ash

I hadn't thought of that!
Yes please....

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
Agreed

Last edited:
I actually like the freddy figure alot. Looks great.

I wish a company like Hot Toys would make 1/6th versions, I'm sure there would be a ton of interest. SDCC Jason sold really well... the interest in these characters are definitely there.

Back