Qui-Gon Jinn exclusive but no poncho

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr W

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just received Qui-Gon Jinn exclusive from Ebay.

Opened it up and no poncho inside.

The box has the exclusive sticker on the front but i can't find the poncho!

The seller stated in the auction that it was factory sealed so i presuming hes not checked it.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Mr W said:
Hi guys,

The seller stated in the auction that it was factory sealed so i presuming hes not checked it.

Sorry to tell you that...but this is what happen when you deal with peoples on Ebay....:emperor

Mr W said:
Hi guys,

he probably bought the regular and exclusive and then exchange the boxes. For what reasons, :dunno I would contact him/her and demand your money back.

Was it sealed in the Sideshow shipping box?

If not, I would not have bid unless there was a pic of the flap open showing the contents.

EVILFACE said:
Was it sealed in the Sideshow shipping box?

If not, I would not have bid unless there was a pic of the flap open showing the contents.

So the seller said but the picture was just a picture taken from the Sideshow website.

The seller also has 1776 positive feedback comments.

This is only the 2nd time i've been stung.

Don't know whether to contact the seller and tell him or just do a Paypal dispute.

Or even wait 4 weeks and then do a Paypal claim and say i never received the item.

That would teach the so and so!:lol

But that would be dishonest. :rolleyes:

That sucks the seller should give you a refund or something.After all the poncho is why you bought it in the first place.

Billy said:
That sucks the seller should give you a refund or something.After all the poncho is why you bought it in the first place.
Right again. I've been to a fantasy/Sci-Fi/Horror convention last weekend, and I've seen lots and lots of Sideshow 12-inch figures. James Bond, Star Wars, POTA, Jason, X-Files ... They where virtually trowing these figures at you for $20 to $40 (the newer figures like SW where closer to $60). But I haven't seen one single Exclusive version of any 12" figure Sideshow sells. That tells me that almost all of these exclusives must be in collectors hands. Or with the flippers...?

And just to make sure, did you take everything out of the box? My poncho was behind the cloak.

maulsballs said:
And just to make sure, did you take everything out of the box? My poncho was behind the cloak.

Yeah, i thought it might be behind the cloak so took everything out.

Whats annoyed me a little more is the fact i got quoted $25.00 shipping (which i thought was reasonable anyway).
Then the seller said if the shipping was less he would refund me the difference.
I told him not to bother as i thought $25.00 was reasonable.

The total for shipping was $17.80 so he got 4 quid more out of me anyway for me being generous.

DeadMan-Mart said:
Sorry to tell you that...but this is what happen when you deal with peoples on Ebay....:emperor
Alice Adrenochrome said:
Ebay remains a evil place for evil people to do their evil thing. This case is a perfect example for why I hate Ebay.

You guys are painting with an awfully big brush there.

I've notice the word "exclusive" gets thrown around alot in ebay auctions of Sideshow product - and most are the regular edition rather than the "exclusive"............ Its pretty rare to find exclusives but you can - I've managed to pick up an exclusive prophecy girl & the master. IMHO until Star Wars & LOTR came along the exclusives didn't make that much difference.... well admittedly I got into SSC about that time so any from before I couldn't get the exclusive version anyway ;p

Yep, like Evilface said, if it wasn't sealed in the mailer, there is no way to tell for sure if its been opened or not. If the seller bought it directly from Sideshow they could probably get it replaced, but you being the second buyer probably can't.

I have good luck with Ebay for almost everything I have bought. One other way you can see if it has been opened is the tape around the plastic insert. I have to either cut it or pull it off and if I pull it off you can see the residue, even if you try to put the tape back on. Whats funny is the worst experince I have had with a SS product was from someone here, it took over 3 weeks from the time I got a shipping notice to get to me and that was USPS.

Can anyoen clarify how it was packaged. I know Luke's robe was behind the plastic bubble which could have been easily removed and look factory sealed. Or there is only a little tape holding the bubble together which could easily be replaced.

Back