Best 1/6 Scale Alien Advice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubble

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Good evening all,

I've been fortunate to pick up Hot Toys Dallas and Kane and now I'm looking for an Alien to display with them.

I'd like it to be in proper 1/6 scale.

I'm happy to spend the money (except for "Big Chap" money) for the right figure but everything I've read on the Hot Toys Aliens has me worried about breakages and the rubber.

Then there's the NECA 12" Aliens which are more reasonably priced but I've never seen one so can't say how it would look with Dallas/Kane.

A boardie was selling the Hot Toys Brown Repaint for a great price recently but I'd prefer the movie accurate blue version.

I've tried the Search function but there's pages and pages to sift through.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

I personally would get the AVP: Alien warrior if I was in your case. My favourite is the Repaint version but since you are looking for an accurate representation of 'Big Chap' I would get the AVP: Alien Warrior. Hope this helps buddy! :peace

Thanks Steve. Appreciate the advice.

If it's your favourite I might have to take another look at the brown Alien repaint.

Cheers

Some say they prefer the old McFarlane 12" alien to any of the hot toys ones. Articulation obviously isnt as good. Also lots of things to nitpick in the sculpt, but thats also true of the Hot Toys ones. They are a hell of a lot cheaper, you will get the smooth dome head, they come with 1/6th scale facehuggers and you wont have to worry about the rubber possibly dissolving.

I personally never got the obsession with the blue warriors. Any 'blue' highlights were a result of the blue filter used in filming on the bright reflective spots in a limited number of scenes. The actual props were painted with brown highlights and most of the time they just looked shiny black. But eh, to each their own...

I think its a testament to how poor and forgettable the HT Aliens are that their threads are rarely bumped to the top anymore and as a result we see new threads asking about them every couple of months.

My advice is to wait it out,they will get made again eventually because this is a big license.

Sadly, there is no definitive 1/6 scale alien.
None of HT's efforts are accurate, and most have QC issues.
Medicom's figure, while beautiful, is way too small and has poor paint apps.
And NECA, for some incomprehensible reason, refuses to release their awesome figures in 1/6 scale.

Has anybody tweeted Randy and asked him why they don't release their aliens in 1/6?

Sadly, there is no definitive 1/6 scale alien.
None of HT's efforts are accurate, and most have QC issues.
Medicom's figure, while beautiful, is way too small and has poor paint apps.
And NECA, for some incomprehensible reason, refuses to release their awesome figures in 1/6 scale.

Has anybody tweeted Randy and asked him why they don't release their aliens in 1/6?

I'm pretty sure Hot Toys has the license for 1/6 Aliens locked up with them

Just wait. I'm sure within the next few years the Alien license will be revisited by Hot Toys.

had them all. sold them all. the rubber deteriorated and the joints were weak and often broke just by inserting the foot, hand or leg. hot toys in it's infancy using sub-par materials but they were the first hot toys i bought.

Rubber bodies are like live grenades. I don't trust them at all. Hopefully if they do Xenomorphs again they will be all plastic.

Thanks for your replies and advice guys.

I picked up a McFarlane Grid Alien in box for cheap so I'll experiment with that.

Hopefully Hot Toys will revisit the Aliens as I'm sure with all the new and existing collectors there's bound to be a market for a well done, top shelf, 1/6 Xenomorph.

Back