DST Monsters at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
Its more or less the same we have already seen revealed. Son of Frankenstein and newly articulated Creature, the TRU exclusive Mole person. Plus one figure that is a bit of a mystery. Some old dude dressed like a Caucasian 70's Blade. Who the heck is this supposed to be? Edward Van Sloan's Van Helsing on steroids?:lol. Anyway---pics.

p7182724.jpg

The figures I can recognize:

p7182723.jpg

p7182721.jpg

p7182720.jpg

Wow. DST has confirmed. That's supposed to be a re-invisioned Van Helsing. Meant to fight the Monsters. Re-invented original design. First a Scooby Doo Dracula and now this. This line is really hit and miss. their Phantom is great. So are Mutant and Invisible Man. van Helsing? Gak.:slap

Wow. DST has confirmed. That's supposed to be a re-invisioned Van Helsing. Meant to fight the Monsters. Re-invented original design. First a Scooby Doo Dracula and now this. This line is really hit and miss. their Phantom is great. So are Mutant and Invisible Man. van Helsing? Gak.:slap

Hit and miss is right. I didn't like their first Monster but this one looks pretty good. Mole person looks good but it's a pass for me. I love the new Creature! He will be mine.

I was wondering where the Van Helsing like character was from thanks for clearing that up Anton.

I loved the fact that in most the pics there figures have fallen over that is a bit worrying.Yeah the new creature looks great though digging the new displpay base.

I really like the base for that Van Helsing figure. Its definitely something I would like to have. Too bad that the figure itself does very little for me.

That Creature looks like it could be the best version ever made in 7 inch form!

The others don't look too hot, though...

You HAD to make sure that I would see this one huh Richard? :lol:rotfl

How you been buddy? :)

The Monster,
Nick

I knew you would dig that Son of Frankie. :clap:clap

:offtopic: Tired, fat, old, and broke pretty much sums up how I been,lol. :peace I can actually afford to add these to my collection. I have been on an economic roller coaster the last 4 years. One day my ship will come in again. Just hope it aint named "Titanic" or anything. I wouldn't mind it if it was the Marie celeste. Only die hard classic film fans or historians will get that pun, I'm sure.:offtopic:

FYI- Redford Films is selling both the Hunchback & Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Diamond Select figures. They combine shipping ($1 extra) and also accept offers and I was able to get each for $16.99 plus $9.95 shipping. The total was $43.93 which is the cheapest I have seen online thus far and probably comparable to what you would pay at a brick and mortar store once you add tax. They do charge tax in CA.

NOTE: The Diamond Select Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde does NOT come with the rooftop base, but instead comes with a lab table which I guess makes more logical sense with the switch-out Dr. Jekyll portrait. The TRU version will come with the arguably cooler rooftop base. I will probably succumb and get that version too at some point.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/300970439225

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360743801535

Last edited:
Yup...and next year's wave is most likely their last. The retro cloth figures end this year with the release of Phantom and Mutant. The DST/TRU stuff ends next year (tentatively) with the release of a super-articulated Creature, Son of Frankenstein, and an original concept Van Helsing type character.

Picked up the new figures at TRU yesterday. Pretty decent figures of some of the lesser known monsters. Surprisingly Hunchback was my favorite after opening.

Still need to track down the deluxe version of Phantom, Mutant, and now Jekyll and Quasi. Wish I had picked up this line before The TRU versions of the creature, Bride, Frankenstein, and Dracula became impossible to find.

What kind of base did they make for the Hunchback? Photos would be awesome! :)

Picked up the new figures at TRU yesterday. Pretty decent figures of some of the lesser known monsters. Surprisingly Hunchback was my favorite after opening.

Still need to track down the deluxe version of Phantom, Mutant, and now Jekyll and Quasi. Wish I had picked up this line before The TRU versions of the creature, Bride, Frankenstein, and Dracula became impossible to find.

Back