Are there any disadvantages to Flex Pay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do you get your statue later than others or anything like that? I've heard people say things like you're screwed when it comes to returns, but I don't understand how it's different form just single payment.

I've never used Felxpay but am going to for Apocalypse.

If i cancel (not bloody likely) do i get refunded the payments i've made minus the NRD?

What duration options are there for paying off?

Can you change the date of the payments?

No you don't get refunded and you have to pay a cancellation fee. Otherwise, there would be no point in Sideshow having a flex pay option since it wouldn't make them loadsamoney.

That can't be right, if you pay them off for a product and then cancel, sure a cancellation fee probably applies but they can't keep all the money you paid in without supplying a product

You won't get yours early when compared to people who pay all at once. That ends up lowering your chances to get a replacement if your flexed item comes damaged.

You won't get yours early when compared to people who pay all at once. That ends up lowering your chances to get a replacement if your flexed item comes damaged.

But why that's what I don't get. If you have it set to pay the fifth of the month surely you'll pay earlier or the same time as those who pay all at once. Why would they get it earlier?

Its just whenever SS gets them in their warehouse. Say your flex payment is the 5th and they get them on the 10th your waiting till the 5th of the next month before yours is processed. You can call them up and pay it off when you see others are getting their notices.

Do you get your statue later than others or anything like that? I've heard people say things like you're screwed when it comes to returns, but I don't understand how it's different form just single payment.

Since they're allowing you to choose the date of your payment you may get your statue later than people who pay when the statue releases. Unless of course you call them when a statue is being released and tell them to force the payment. Then you'll get yours processed the same as the others.

If i cancel (not bloody likely) do i get refunded the payments i've made minus the NRD?
You will not get your NRD back and they will take a fee for processing back the payments, but yes you get the rest of the money back.

Once you pick your payment duration at the beginning of the flex payment if you choose a number less than three(2 obviously) sometimes they can up it to three payments. However if you choose a single payment then sometimes they will not allow you to convert to flex pay. It depends on the situation.

No you don't get refunded and you have to pay a cancellation fee. Otherwise, there would be no point in Sideshow having a flex pay option since it wouldn't make them loadsamoney.

Incorrect, you can find the charges on the customer service page. They do refund most of the money back.

You can pay it off early if you want
Exactly, it's a great option.

I've only done this about 6 times, and it does make thing easier over all.

I use flexpay ALL the time for my stuff. Its the only way I can afford the things I buy from SSC. A couple times Ive missed payments and my orders have been cancelled but the money always is refunded back to my card and I reorder! :lol

Wait so is there any other way to pay it off early aside from calling them?

And thanks guys you've convinced me to just flex. I think I'll flex pay Conan PF, Sonja, Queen of Death, Hellboy, and a few others.

Wait so is there any other way to pay it off early aside from calling them?

And thanks guys you've convinced me to just flex. I think I'll flex pay Conan PF, Sonja, Queen of Death, Hellboy, and a few others.

You can also use their live chat.

IMO Flex Pay is a tool that SSC uses to makes SUCKERS think they can afford something more easily than maybe they really can.

I personally hate subscription payments to stuff. They milk the flexibility out of your monthly budget $10, $30, $50 at a time.

If you're good with your money and objective with what you buy then its probably harmless, but if you're one of the many I see around here telling yourself "now I can afford 3 $200 figures a month because they're only $50 each for 4 months a time" then you're only fooling yourself.

Also, I see people saying they put their Flex Pays on a credit card. Unless you're paying off your CC every month, you are paying interest on something you don't even have in your possession. :lol Just something to chew on there. :lol

Buy what you can afford. If you don't have the cash on hand to buy an item in full, IMO you shouldn't be leveraging to buy this stuff. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Everyone budgets differently and in this hobby (which isn't cheap) you gotta work it however you can.
I've only flexed one higher dollar item and I have no complaints.
It's SSC way of showing that, "Hey, you can afford this and here's how"...
But like with any sort of collecting, don't get carried away.

If you cancel even if there is only one payment left you get fully refunded minus the NRD.

When you sign up for an FP option you are stuck to it except for the option of paying early as far as I'm aware.

The only disadvantage I've noticed emerging is people get themselves caught up in multiple FPs that become unaffordable over all. They can't afford $375 in one shot so they sign up for multiple payments but they do it with so many items that their monthly payments for all are in the hundreds.

Other than that it seems to be overly helpful. I've used it a couple of times and have no complaints.

I use it all the time and had no problems with it,but i only order max 3 statues a year, occasionaly 4 if something good comes out

Back