Gentle Giant - 24" JUMBO Kenner Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
Reaction score
GG_ALIEN1.jpg

As always our spies are already inside the Con while it’s still being set up! Gentle Giant is giving the old Kenner 18″ Alien figure their Jumbo treatment, doubling it’s original size to 24″! More pics to follow!

https://www.actionfigureinsider.com...t-pic-of-gentle-giant-jumbo-vintage-24-alien/

This is the first thing GG has done that I'd actually be interested in. The original MIB Kenner Alien was always more money than I'd be willing to spend so a new 24" version for less is a no-brainer. Great vintage piece and a much better value than those $20 ReAction toys. Ugh.

Yeah, the original is 18". I still have one in the box. They one and a halfed it. Kinda cool as an homage to nostalgia. I wonder if the jaw mechanism actually works on this.

Is it just me or did they soften up the sculpt details?

Original:
8567395689_deaa1548cb_z.jpg

At least it's about as tall as the marmit...taller by an inch...the Kenner should be the tallest figure of the bunch!

GG math :cuckoo:

It's all meh unless they make some Jumbo Super Powers figures.......

Since GG is sublicensing SW from Hasbro, they might as well make some vintage Jumbo Joes. At least we'd get an accurate 12" Destro. :monkey1

I love the idea of a re-release, however compared to figures today, the detail on the Kenner figure was never that crisp. Blowing it up in size just exaggerates this. :cuckoo:

I would have just re-released it 1:1. :dunno

Hell yeah! :yess:

Definitely getting this.

I see they've improved the tongue as well. 35 years later and still one of the best A L I E N sculpts out there.

If this was a reproduction of the original figure, in repro box, I'd get it, but why increase the size? That isn't something that appeals to me, so a pass.

Sean

Probably didn't want to do a 1:1 of the original Kenner figure so as not to devalue it.

Back