Which Hulk PF: Grey or Green?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which PF Hulk? Grey or Green?

• Grey

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Green

Votes: 21 50.0%

• Total voters

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Excluding edition sizes for a moment, which Hulk PF do you prefer? The instantly recognizeable iconic green or the "conversation piece" homage to his original appearance?

0653.jpg

71381_press01-001.jpg

hulk02.jpg

7138_press01-001.jpg

Last edited:
Both are great, but gotta go with the green one on this one. Grey Hulk to me, is Mr. Fixit......................grey hulk needs to be pimped out.

Now that I've finally decided to get him, I'm happy with green, but almost wish I had got the gray because it looks more like the Jack Kirby or Tim Sale Hulk. I guess I'll vote gray, but there's certainly nothing wrong with green.

Gray looks better and is the classic but I personally like green (it's the one I know).

Green will look awesome beside the Wolverine CQ.

Because of the Kirby style sculpt, I like the Grey version of this better. If it had been the same style as the VS, I'd most likely prefer the green.

Darth Loki said:
Because of the Kirby style sculpt, I like the Grey version of this better. If it had been the same style as the VS, I'd most likely prefer the green.
what he said :monkey1

I would have to see them in person. In this scale I think the green would make a better impression than the gray given as green is the iconic piece. I am not convinced on the contrast of the powder blue pants on a large statue such as this.

The Kirby sculpt is based on the green by the way.

Green all the way.

Green will look awesome beside the Wolverine CQ.

I'll let you know when he comes in. I plan to position them both facing each other. I'm not sure if the Wolverine CQ is the same scale as Hulk, though.

While Green is more Iconic IMO, I just like the look of the Gray better. I'd have to say Gray, but if my wallet weren't so restricting I'd have to say both! Lol...:lol

The muscles in the green look alot more defined than the grey in my opinion. Also until they brought out the vs dioramma i never even knew a grey hulk existed in the first place. I'm no big Hulk fan.

The only kirby i knew was the nintendo bubble thing which was a platform game. I suppose you live and learn.

Think i'll stick to the LOTR section

HA HA:rotfl :rotfl

ES ASIDE,I WOULD HAVE PREFERRED THE GREEN.BUT I'LL BUY BOTH.I 'VE ALREADY STARTED TO SAVE SOME MONEY FOR THEM.

I think Golden Age WWII Cap and Grey Kirby Hulk will compliment each other nicely. Both appearing as they did in their first issue, and only their first issue. Plus one is the epitomy of composure, honor, and strength under control while the other is unrestrained savage fury. Almost polar opposites in how they battle evil.

71611_press01-001.jpg
71381_press01-001.jpg

SolidLiquidFox said:

yeah, definitely like the green better. hulk was only grey like 1% of the time even if u take into account his later gray-ness.

SolidLiquidFox said:
The reference pic Andy used for the face was indeed colored green but Kirby's Hulk was very distinct and recognizeable regardless of the color. He just happened to be grey first, and in the medium of comics nothing is prized like a first appearance of a beloved character. I like that the "Holy Grail" of Hulk statues does indeed honor the Holy Grail of Hulk comics: The Incredible Hulk #1. In that the Grey is most fitting and appropriate.

The green celebrates the icon that he became and will look great paired with the Wolverine comiquette or in an Avengers diorama.

It really is an extraordinary piece in either color and THANK YOU Sideshow for allowing Andy to capture Kirby's version! Its so nice to see appreciation for and remembrance of where these great characters originated.

Back