The next Jabba

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How long do you guys think it will be until another sideshow Jabba (or hot toys). I am kind of bummed that I missed out on the old one due to the fact that I just got into collecting. I can't believe it sold for $101originally. I would have been all over that.:monkey2

With all do respect if you can't pay $224 for Jabba then I don't know what you're doing in this hobby. That's roughly the going rate for a collectible these days and Jabba is huge. Besides, even if he was re-released or something he would be every bit of $224. If HT did him he'd be way more.

Jabba comes up for sale quite regularly and at decent prices. Get the cash and wait. I picked up jabba for £30. And he throne at retail. It can be done

My local comic shop last year had Jabba and Throne for like $275. It's a steal if you live in NC.

Mine recently from a fellow board member was $380 shipped which included ll boxes, Jabba, and thrown.

No of fence but if Jabba came out today at Ht or SS pricing it would be in the $600 range. You will never see that price of $101 on anything in this hobby that's worth a damn.

Mine recently from a fellow board member was $380 shipped which included ll boxes, Jabba, and thrown.

No of fence but if Jabba came out today at Ht or SS pricing it would be in the $600 range. You will never see that price of $101 on anything in this hobby that's worth a damn.

yep. im glad I got my jabba when I did he`s gone up in value. like you said $600 price range and that`s way to much

I put values on things and imo a hollowed out Jabba isn't worth more than $180 even at aftermarket price. Maybe if more people had a backbone to tell these companies "That's too much Bob!" we'd still be getting the values of a few years ago. The economy has gone down yet pieces of plastic have skyrocketed? Too many are willing to overpay.

Well a little black Darth Vader figure didn't cost much more than $1.99 and produced by the hudreds of thousands. But mint on a 12 back card it's worth $10,000+.

At this point, Jabba and throne is a sold out collectible. So it's orignial price is irrelivant. Market price is what it will cost you now. But like Flo said, wait around and you might get a deal.

$500 shipped for Jabba, throne and creatures is a good deal if you can find it. And it is worth every penny.

In my experience you can get the set for a pretty decent price if you're patient. And its definitely worth it if you're a SW fan. I don't see SS or other any company releasing another 1/6 ROTJ Jabba at any point in the near future. Most of the larger beasts and diorama pieces aren't selling out for quite some time, and not until they go on discount it seems.

I found mine at a local comic shop that they had it on display for many years and then when i got into collecting sideshow figures I remembered that they had one with throne for 600, it was there for so long that he sold it to me for 300 for both, with box so i lucked out and that was a year ago, and it is well worth more as far as a display piece. keep an eye out on ebay you might luck out.

About three years ago I saw a used Jabba with Throne at a collectable store for $200 for both. Some pieces were broken/cracked (i.e. Pipe and pillow) but nothing to distract you from $200.
I asked if I could have a look/hold Jabba. I was very surprised at how light it was. I had Bib and Crumb at home. In the end I passed on the purchase. One of the main reasons was how disappointing the Gamorrean Guard turned out. To this day I still have not regretted passing. Couple of months ago I sold my Bib and Crumb as well. I guess I made the right call.

I bought him day 1 and he is the center of my collection. It all depends on how much of a fan you are. If it's a character you really like order on day 1. If not wait and see if a deal comes along but always know that you may end up paying more than original price.

Back