Premium Format Dust Danger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arctic Beast

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys. Its pretty dusty where I live, especially in the summer months. What are the risks of that when it comes to premium format pieces with a lot of cloth like the upcoming Batman PF. I have Deadpool coming to but it has no cloth so I am not so worried. Should I not display Batman till I can ensure it is protected in some kind of case?

Whats your experience been with cloth PF's being displayed for long periods unprotected? Are they easy to dust with out damaging them?

I am currently looking into attempting to make some of my own display cases.

Any info would help as I have been curious for a while. Thanks

I dust mine every week, they aren't behind glass I personally don't like em behind glass. I haven't had any trouble with degradation of the cloth parts of the figures, I don't understand the fear of DUST!

I think fear of dust might be a symptom of SPACE MADNESS!

1214626301080_f.jpg

I dust mine every week, they aren't behind glass I personally don't like em behind glass. I haven't had any trouble with degradation of the cloth parts of the figures, I don't understand the fear of DUST!

I think fear of dust might be a symptom of SPACE MADNESS!

1214626301080_f.jpg

It's not the dust that does damage, but dust mites that feed on it. They pass waste and that's what can cause damage. If you ever feel something that has a think layer of dust, you see it has a sticky layer to it. That's the dust mite waste. :monkey4

[ame]https://youtu.be/47CIdUld8eQ[/ame]

I had my statues and mini-busts displayed in an open library, with no doors, but I thought about the dust problem, and decided to store them again into their boxes, until I could buy some glass cabinets to protect them properly.

Until that happens, I'll only post pictures of my unpackings, whenever I buy new stuff. Display photos will have to wait.

Dust ah who cares. My palpatines dust is so thick on the cloth his color of his cloak is now whitish black. Lol

It's not the dust that does damage, but dust mites that feed on it. They pass waste and that's what can cause damage. If you ever feel something that has a thick layer of dust, you see it has a sticky layer to it. That's the dust mite waste.

Truth. Dust is dangerous to collectibles.

I am always amused to see collectibles on evilBay with a half-inch of dust on them, the owner so lazy they can't even wipe off the dust for pictures. Yeah..... no thanks.

When I saw the title "PF Dust Danger" i thought it was an obscure DC character I've never heard of.
doh.gif

Fabric and painted surfaces are porous and dry dusting doesn't always take care things. I use an ostrich feather duster and a blush make up brush. But I there is a dusty residue that won't brush off, I'll use a lightly damp microfiber cloth.

When I saw the title "PF Dust Danger" i thought it was an obscure DC character I've never heard of.
doh.gif

Fabric and painted surfaces are porous and dry dusting doesn't always take care things. I use an ostrich feather duster and a blush make up brush. But I there is a dusty residue that won't brush off, I'll use a lightly damp microfiber cloth.

Mite waste. :monkey4

Back