The best 3rd film in a trilogy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Iron Koob

Super Freak
Reaction score
With so many part 3's out there, it seems that a lot of people have a hard time coming up with the third part of a trilogy? What do you guys think is the best 3rd movie? My vote would have to be The Bourne Ultimatum. I thought it was just as good as the other two. What do you guys think?

I'd agree with the Bourne Ultimatum. Every bit as good as Supremacy. And, I liked both better than Identity. Still ... Ultimatum and Supremacy were almost like one long movie, rather than separate entries.

Other potential ...

Toy Story III.
Goldfinger.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
Die Hard with a Vengeance.
The Dark Knight Rises.
Ocean's 13.

I've heard good things about Return of the King. Never saw it, though.

SnakeDoc

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly-Clint-Easwood.jpg

Sergio Leone’s most well-known masterpiece is sometimes forgotten as being part of a trilogy. It is the final film of the Dollars trilogy, which includes A Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More. But this third installment needs no support structure of previous films to stand out as the best movie threequel ever.

Some argue the film is too slow, but I take it as suspenseful buildup rather than boredom. Ennio Morricone’s outstanding score adds to that feeling, but also sets it apart from its predecessors by establishing the film as its own self-contained tour de force.

Eastwood’s illustrious career is not defined by one film, but if you had to pick one to demonstrate his onscreen prowess, go with The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Leone brought the cameras in close for much of the film, and while it is a common move in classic Westerns, you get a squeamishly good look at the strange calm in Eastwood’s character.

Leone’s brilliant work approaches film in a forgotten style – sit the cameras on your characters and let their faces tell the story. No example is better than the famous Mexican standoff. If you ever need the definition of the term, just turn on this classic Western and wait for the iconic showdown scene. It perfectly encapsulates what makes The Good, the Bad and the Ugly so fantastic with a drawn out, suspense-laden, five-minute stare down.
by Mike Eisenberg.

Return of the King

It kind of has an unfair advantage though being an adapted screenplay based on one of the greatest books ever written.

I may take some heat for this, but I liked Army of Darkness the best out of the Evil Dead trilogy. Evil Dead 2 is very close, but I have a lot of fun watching Army of Darkness.

I can see that. I personally like ED2 the most, but Army has grown on me over the years. It's pretty drastically different from the others though, pretty much another genre of movie IMO.

Back