What if Star Wars never existed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered what it would be like if Star Wars never existed? Other than the fact that we'd all have lots more cash would you still be a collector?

I do recall a time, albeit short, before Star Wars. I did have Mego figures but in my life at least, Star Wars played a huge role in me becoming a collector. I think that Star Wars was a huge boost to the collecting world, especially again in the early nineties. Before Star Wars, there was GI JOE, some Star Trek, but was there anything as large as SW?

Starcrash would take its place in every way. People would be incredibly nostalgic about it, it would have had several sequels and a resurgence in interest in the late '90s, leading to prequels. JJ Abrams would be prepping for Starcrash episode VII. Would make millions in merchandise every year, people would name their kids after the characters, etc.

[ame]https://youtu.be/pzfuNSpP0RA[/ame]

Starcrash would take its place in every way. People would be incredibly nostalgic about it, it would have had several sequels and a resurgence in interest in the late '90s, leading to prequels. JJ Abrams would be prepping for Starcrash episode VII. Would make millions in merchandise every year, people would name their kids after the characters, etc.

https://youtu.be/pzfuNSpP0RA

I heard Hot Toys got the license for this in 1982 and is releasing the first figure in 2016. I can't wait!!! :yess:

https://youtu.be/pzfuNSpP0RA

This actually is Episode VII , we're screwed.

No Star Wars????

Oh the pain.... the pain.

Screen-Shot-2013-04-26-at-12.22.21.png

Well there would be no jar jar binks...........soooooooo...............:monkey3

Film would probably be a lot more artistic now like it was in the 60's and 70's before Star Wars turned the blockbuster into a commercialized merchandising juggernaut. Sure, there would be popcorn flicks but there would also be a lot more artistically driven directors and studios would have to take more risks on original ideas like they had to do back in the 60's and 70's instead of remaking, re-imagining, sequelizing and prequelizing every existing name brand franchise.

That wasn't Star Wars's fault.

I read a lot of Goosebumps books as a child, but it was really about the same as not reading at all.

I did required reading for school, and I did read the hell out of my Del Rey Empire Strikes Back comic, but that's about it. Tried The Hobbit (fell asleep), tried The Black Caulron (put it back on the shelf before I fell asleep), tried Clash of the Titans but gave up, even though I was much more interested in that than the others.

Books just couldn't hold my attention. Around sixth grade, i started getting better, and when I first read Johnny Tremain, I finally broke the television barrier. Junior high onward was a much more literate era for me.

I read this book as a kid, which I bought as part of the Scholastic book fair in grammar school. I read this book so many times the pages fell off!

:lecture

Any Lucasfilm literature with lots of movie stills was game. I think Temple of Doom was my favorite, mainly because I never got to see the movie.

I read this book as a kid, which I bought as part of the Scholastic book fair in grammar school. I read this book so many times the pages fell off!

I remember those tissue paper Scholastic ads they passed out in school back in the day. Once I ordered a book about slugs and never got it. I wonder what life would have been like if I got the slug book. :(

Back