I just got a deal of a lifetime! Hot Toys Predator 2 Elder!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abouttreefitty

Super Freak
Reaction score
Before I get into my score of a lifetime, let me fill you guys in on my history. I got into the Hot Toys game a little late, and in doing so missed out on the chance to get the Elder at a reasonable price. After searching and searching and searching, in December of 2011, I set up a trade with a board member by the name of aznrice645 in which I would trade my Celtic Predator for his Predator 2 Elder. To say the deal didn't go well is a bit of an understatement. He tried to steal my Celtic Predator, but with the help of this awesome community, we frightened him into returning it to me.

Since then, I've kept my eyes open for an Elder at a decent price. Every one I would find on eBay would sell for $500, $700, $900... Last week, I found a listing for an Elder that didn't mention Hot Toys in the title. I knew this would mean the auction wouldn't get a ton of views. It said it was used, but it looked to be in great condition from the few small pictures in the auction. At that point, I knew it had to be mine. What I didn't know was that I would win the auction for $260!!!!!

I've kept quiet about it because I didn't want to jinx anything. It showed up 10 minutes ago, and it's BRAND FRIGGIN NEW! It's never been assembled, and it's in awesome shape. I'm in shock at this point. My brother and I are going to build him later tonight, but here's a few pics. More to come later!

I remember that whole mishap years back. Glad to hear everything worked out and that you landed this new deal, all of the years later. Congrats! :rock

yeah that's one hell of a score. The cheapest you would of found him for sale from a member here would be like $500.

Yeah awesome price to get this mad collectible. I bought mine from EnIess Raln about a year ago for like $700. This guy is a mad figure and will be one of your top figures, trust me.

Congrats bro ! You have the holy grail of predator collectibles. The elder predator was the very first hot toys I ever purchased and the rest is history . I now own all the predators that followed and he's still one of my favorites second only to my original p2 and my new classic pred.

Congratz!

You won't be disappointed. I had TWO Predator 2 Elders back in the day and made quite a pretty penny when I sold them several years ago.

This was just when Hot Toys started to get the swing on making these Predator figures. Putting them together is also an exercise of patience!

Won't hot toys reissue this at some point?

Even if they announce it tomorrow, I'm still happy with this purchase. In my opinion, this one looks better than any other Predator in the line, including the recent releases. Plus, even if they announce it tomorrow, it probably won't ship for another year or two! Hahaha

And also a valuable lesson/reminder to anyone looking to sell their collections to not half *** it!!! Get those "key words" in correctly and dont skimp on the pictures!

Nice grab though. I also recall the trade disaster and its great everything worked out for you.

And also a valuable lesson/reminder to anyone looking to sell their collections to not half *** it!!! Get those "key words" in correctly and dont skimp on the pictures!

Nice grab though. I also recall the trade disaster and its great everything worked out for you.

This is very true. He also had a brand new Shadow Predator that was titled "Predator 2 Action Figure", and it sold a few days ago with one bid for $100. :horror:horror:horror

My brother built him last night. Definitely the most difficult out of all of the Predators that require assembly. We are very happy this is the last one we had to build!!! I'll post some pictures when I get home from work today.

Congrats! Also read about your trade gone wrong few years back. Nice to hear your score.

Like you, the Elder is still on top of my HT Predator list. Such an awesome headsculpt and figure!

8373543698_411de2b665_b.jpg

Good for you,man. I'm happy for you.

Speaking on entering key words, when I'm looking for something, say a Hot Toy, I always search multiple times using different key words. You'd be surprised what you find. Like your " Predator 2 action figure." :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Back