ROTS Episode 3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Sideshow Customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hewitt

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone has redone there sideshow Obi-Wan from ep 3 and would like to share the pics. Thinking of redoing my one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ep 3 obi-wan sideshow

Yes I have. And I think it looks great after some TLC

Slightly resculpted headsculpt then repainted
CalTek body
Retailored clothing
Boots repainted and weathered
HT DX Luke hands

photo_1_zps5c24667c-1_zps71735338.jpg

photo_2_zps2a482bed-1_zps4e03d1a6.jpg

Wow, that Obi Wan looks amazing!

Why can't they look like that out the box!? :lol

I redid mine as well... stock head repainted, new body and hands and gave the outfit a tea bath and futzing. The sculpt is fantastic, but a touch oversized.

kenobii.jpg

kenobif.jpg

kenobid.jpg

I redid mine as well... stock head repainted, new body and hands and gave the outfit a tea bath and futzing. The sculpt is fantastic, but a touch oversized.

kenobii.jpg

kenobif.jpg

kenobid.jpg

Is there a way to undo the teabath if you someohow make a mistake? May do it to my Obi Wan once I tracked one down..

I love your EP3 Obi, gb :clap

I was too chicken to do the tea bath :lol

man now i want to redo mine...thanks G...lol
do eeeet!!! Do eet now!!
:lol

But, he desperately needs some new pants (or at least retailor them) which you're a master at doing broski
Wow, that Obi Wan looks amazing!

Why can't they look like that out the box!? :lol
Thanks...yea if anything I would've love the production paint to match the Proto paint. that would've saved me time lol.
Yeah, that's fantastic. Didn't you sell him, Gipetto?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks man and yep he's been gone for a good while now. Since march I think?? Hoping the rumours of an EP3 Obiwan PF are true b/c by the time HT does a figure, I'll probably be dead :lol

kenobii.jpg

kenobif.jpg

kenobid.jpg

GB, OMG! That is amazing, , did you strip the paint off the original or paint over it?

As for the sculpt I just painted over it... I've heard stripping the Sideshow heads is pretty difficult and easy to overdo it. But if you could I imagine it might look better.

I don't think a tea bath is reversible... but honestly it is so light of an alteration that it's not too likely you'd overdo it. It will look extra dark when you pull it out, but give it a little rinse and let it dry and you'll see it's just a bit darker and more importantly looks less fresh and clean :lol

As you can tell by my avatar , Obi Wan is my favorite character. I have a Paul Carson Obi-Wan head in route and I can't wait to paint it up.

Back