Are XL-shop scammers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indeedely

Super Freak
Reaction score
XL-Shop charged $80 to ship a few items to USA. Nevertheless, I paid $230+ for my items.

A dozen days later I receive one small item ($5 value) item via FedEx.

I can't believe I have been scammed. I have never been scammed like this on the internet before, but they seemed so legitimate with their website.

I had some second thoughts at $80 shipping (which is astronomical compared to what I typically get shipped for le$$ & faster from Asia). I should have went with that intuition.

I still hold a small hope they got it mixed up, but even if that were true that means my items are gone.

Much later EDIT: Well I got my items after some more time and communications, so luckily they are not straight out scammers. I was really stressed out about the whole ordeal, and it took a real long time (and was still overpriced shipping cost), but in the end it got worked out YAY They made the other recipient of my items ship the items to me which is odd but luckily that person was honest enough to include everything.

Last edited:
They're a Malaysian store, xl-shop.com. They look pretty big and they've been around a while. Personally I'd be very surprised were this a deliberate scam. That's why I asked OP if he or she had contacted them.

Whenever I have seen their website in google, when looking for parts etc, it has always said the website is dodgy. So I've always steered clear.

They are a hot toys distributor and quite legitimate. I'd follow up with them to see whats going on. Keep in mind that only HK/China have reciprocal agreements in place with the USPS which allows for super cheap epacket shipping, other countries such as Singapore, Malayasia, Japan, etc are considerably higher for shipping, particularly if routed though DHL, EMS, or other courier services which handle some of their outbound mail

Back