SS Maul vs Medicom Maul which is better?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellion

Super Freak
Reaction score
I apologize if a similar thread like this already exists, the search engine on this site tends not to work so well when I use it...or perhaps it's the guy using it! Either way:

I'd love a 1/6 Darth Maul but I'm torn between the Sideshow version vs the Medicom version. For those of you who have them which do you prefer? The SS version looks kinda meh, he's got a sort of bored look. While I prefer the sculpt of the Medi I'm nervous, he'd be my first Medi figure and from what I hear they tend to be smaller than the SS and not really fit in we'll due to this.
Are SS and Medicom figures somewhat compatible? Can I combine what I like to create the perfect Maul? What clothing is better? Just looking for some real opinions from real owners.

There are a few people that mixed the two. Medi head and robes. SSC belt and sabers. Don't know about the rest but if you go to the Medi Maul thread they're always talking about it. There is a list to make what some believe to be the ultimate Maul. Hope that helps.

But if I had to pick one it would be the Medi all the way. Just switch out the body.The SS version looks high on Xanax.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I saw what looked like a good recipe, looked like they ditched the bodies altogether and went with an HT body. I think I may try that.

I agree with the Fiend, I had the SS Maul and the belt and sabres were outstanding, and I now have the Medicom Maul and the head, boots and robes are superb. A mix of the 2, plus a decent boy and you are set!
As I am doing the Mythos version (with body tats) I have swapped out to a Thor body.
Dizzy

Do you guys know if we can expect new Darth Maul 1/6 figure from Sideshow in the near future?

My mash:
  • Medi Head with the neck shaved off up to the jaw.
  • HT Batman 89' Neck with bottom shaved off for better posing.
  • All Medi Clothes and Accessories.
  • Body: SSC Clone torso, Medi Maul Arms, Old HT True Type from the waist down.

for the record, the sideshow robes, On the medi body, OR a hot toys slim is More screen accurate. Maul's robes were huge on him.

However, the medicom ones have a nicer look to them.

I've got both.

@ McHaley. Do you have all the best stuff? :lol

Looks great. Maybe ill do one when I'm finished with Boba.

My mash:
  • Medi Head with the neck shaved off up to the jaw.
  • HT Batman 89' Neck with bottom shaved off for better posing.
  • All Medi Clothes and Accessories.
  • Body: SSC Clone torso, Medi Maul Arms, Old HT True Type from the waist down.

WOW! That looks amazing!!! sounds like a hell of a lot of work and money though. I imagine finding a 89 Bats neck isn't a cheap undertaking?

WOW! That looks amazing!!! sounds like a hell of a lot of work and money though. I imagine finding a 89 Bats neck isn't a cheap undertaking?
Got it for $10 from 1 of the part-out dealers. Got the body real cheap off of ebay. the rest I had in my parts box.

I don't think it would be that expensive or difficult.

And I think there are other black neck pieces that can be used. It doesn't have to be the 89 Bats neck. Although that one may be the easiest to find.

Hellion,
Are you planning a bash or to just get one or the other and be done? I had an SS Maul. Actually two. I loved them. But after seeing some of the poses that medi maul could do, I sold them and got medi.

I still haven't taken him out of the box though! LOL:slap

Back