Questions about a ROTS / AOTC Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cingen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm thinking about getting into collecting 1/6 Star Wars figures and I was thinking about starting with the figure mentioned in the title.

My main problem is, I can't find any info about these figures anywhere on the forum. A google search told me there are two versions, but to my surprise no threads on this forum showed up after quite a thorough search and that somehow makes me worry..

I did a quick ebay search and I came up with https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Sidesh...402792?pt=Science_Fiction&hash=item35c9698668 .

Now my question is, where can I find more info regarding this figure? Is there a thread on this forum about it I somehow missed? And for those who know of it or own it, how is the quality?

Thanks in advance!

I have that ROTS version and it's pretty good, what info are you looking for?

Stuff like the general quality, what the flaws are, how the size is compared to hot toys (I plan to pose him with the Hot Toys Anakin when that one comes out, with below it a Vader and Old Kenobi, sort of a past and future thing), what the max price I should pay is, ... stuff like that :)

Do a search in the Star Wars action figure section. There are threads in there for all the Star Wars figures, and believe me we have praised and criticized them up and down! :lol
Everything you want to know will be there!

Do a search in the Star Wars action figure section. There are threads in there for all the Star Wars figures, and believe me we have praised and criticized them up and down! :lol
Everything you want to know will be there!

I don't suppose you have a link? Already did multiple searches with multiple searchterms but I seem to skip over them every time if there is one :S

ROTS Obiwan is a good figure. The head maybe a little bit too big. The paintjob is the real worry. But get it repainted and maybe swap to a TT narrow body and he is good as gold next to your eventual HT Anakin.

I think when they split the forums into action figures/statues, the threads older than a year or two remained in the statue thread.

You might want to try searching the Star Wars Statue forum for the old Obi Wan threads.

ROTS Obiwan is a good figure. The head maybe a little bit too big. The paintjob is the real worry. But get it repainted and maybe swap to a TT narrow body and he is good as gold next to your eventual HT Anakin.

Awesome, thanks! I was planning to get a repaint down the line anyways since the paint app indeed looks a bit "cartoony". Do you have any idea what the max price I should pay for one is? A local shop sells one for 100 euros (you can count that as 100 dollars thanks to our ****ty exchange rate in belgium) and it seems to be MISB :)

It seems $80-125 USD is the going rate. Keep your eyes open on the for sale section here. You can find them there every no and again and usually for below what you pay in the shops or on ebay. Good luck.

It seems $80-125 USD is the going rate. Keep your eyes open on the for sale section here. You can find them there every no and again and usually for below what you pay in the shops or on ebay. Good luck.

I think I will be picking it up then :) Combined with the shipping figures I will buy here require I think 100 euros isn't too bad of a deal at all..

Is it considered to be a better figure overall than the Episode III version? Since I want to portray the final battle between Obi Wan and Anakin in two versions, namely prologue and original trilogy, the episode III version seems like a better option but if the actual figure is worse than the Episode II version I won't mind sacrificing a bit of movie accuracy..

I don't mind paying someone for a repaint if that what's needed to bring out the full potential, whatever the figure I end up going for is :)

And if I switch out to a truetype body, should I go for the TTM 21 or 22? And will I run into issues with the clothes being too small or something (I heared Sideshow uses a slightly smaller scale so this wouldn't surprise me at all..)?

My AotC Ob1 is on a reg TT body with the Clone Wars Obiwan head - which has a better paint job than the AotC version and the casting for the Clone Wars version seemed to be better.

I'm afraid I'm in a similar boat to you as I've only been collecting Sideshow SW figures for about a month! So I'm not going to be the best person to advise you.

I'd say that if you want the episode III battle with Anakin set up then go for the episode III Obi and have it repainted.

The reason I've not got him is because I've gone for a three stages look for my Obi Wans. I have the episode I Padawan Obi with Qui-Gon and Darth Maul in Duel of Fates set up.

Then the episode II Jedi Knight Obi and episode IV Jedi Master.

[URL=https://s1285.photobucket.com/user/paramoremcr88/media/6a2ce7c97a4e9ac293a907eeb45de55b_zpsad0506dd.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=https://s1285.photobucket.com/user/paramoremcr88/media/be4544c59e81f5fc1fb14468e6c693ff_zps2b24c845.jpg.html] [/URL]

I'm afraid I'm in a similar boat to you as I've only been collecting Sideshow SW figures for about a month! So I'm not going to be the best person to advise you.

I'd say that if you want the episode III battle with Anakin set up then go for the episode III Obi and have it repainted.

The reason I've not got him is because I've gone for a three stages look for my Obi Wans. I have the episode I Padawan Obi with Qui-Gon and Darth Maul in Duel of Fates set up.

Then the episode II Jedi Knight Obi and episode IV Jedi Master.

[URL=https://s1285.photobucket.com/user/paramoremcr88/media/6a2ce7c97a4e9ac293a907eeb45de55b_zpsad0506dd.jpg.html] [/URL]

[URL=https://s1285.photobucket.com/user/paramoremcr88/media/be4544c59e81f5fc1fb14468e6c693ff_zps2b24c845.jpg.html] [/URL]

So the Sideshow clothing is not out of scale on a Hot Toys body? I consider going for a TTM 21 since I read about the ROTS Obi Wan his head being slightly big, and even though it may be less movie accurate, the wider shoulders may make the oversized head seem a little smaller.. :p If this logic is flawed anyone may feel free to correct me though :)

The Jedi Luke in the middle is the Hot Toys DX Luke sculpt and body with Sideshow clothes and they fit perfect!

Even though I'm not a fan of the PT I have been tempted to pick up the PT Obi's. Just the ROTS and the TPM versions though. How bad is the paint on the ROTS one?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I always liked the Episode III even with the larger noggin.

Bit the bullet and am hunting down a ROTS Obi Wan now :) All I need once I got it is a skilled painter to bring it to the next level.. :p

Back