Museum or Dynamic poses???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of poses you do prefer?

• Museum pose

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Dynamic pose

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
I like both, sometimes Dynamic is too dynamic other tines it's just right.

Museum often looks boring just standing there and needs a good pose to give it ooomph.

Poison Ivy and Shaak Ti are good Museum poses and Nathan Drake and Spider-Man Com are good Dynamics

If i could only pick one it would have to be museum. Museums are the best way to see the character in all their glory IMHO. Some dynamic pieces as mentioned are cool too, so I'm not a hater.

Maybe a better differentiation would be static vs. dynamic. You'll see both in a museum setting. As long as the sculpt is well done both work though getting the sense of motion in a dynamic pose usually adds more I think. Static is usually easier to position/display. My one gripe about the Thor pf was that he is looking up, Supes is a little similar for the reg but not as extreme.

Last edited:
The term "museum pose" is honestly terrible and lacks any real definition aside from "I like this pose, therefore it is museum." I've seen it thrown around for things that aren't all that static and for pieces that I would consider to be dynamic. As the above poster said, "Static vs Dynamic" would be better, but even that really isn't good enough because there are so many layers to dynamics.

you're losing as soon as you try to define the line. .... :monkey1

SS can't do dynamic at all IMO. It's the same thing recycled especially for super hero's. The LOTR line has the best dynamic poses out of everything I've owned.

I prefer something that's static but not quite dynamic (Stynamic.....:lol) The best examples I could give would be

1) The New Gladiator Hulk
2) PCS Sagat statue

I also disagree that the the Superman PF and Batman PF are "Museum" poses. They are more Dynamic in my eye's.

Cape flowing, knee bent, fist pump etc etc

I generally prefer museum poses, but I've seen some dynamic poses that I love. One good example is Kotobukiya's Spider-man Fine Art statue done by Erick Sosa.

I generally prefer museum poses, but I've seen some dynamic poses that I love. One good example is Kotobukiya's Spider-man Fine Art statue done by Erick Sosa.

That one I think turned out pretty well, I like that one a lot though I don't own it. I hope that if/when SS puts out a Flash piece they'll manage to do something dynamic like that. If there's one character that needs a sense of motion and speed it's him.

I'm translating "Museum" into "relaxed".

I had to vote, so I went with "museum", but actually, I think that it depends mostly on the character.

I'll give a practical example: the original "Cover Girls of the DC Universe" collection, that was released by DC Direct before the company's rebranding into "DC Collectibles", was based on the art of Adam Hughes, and mostly featured heroines in iconic poses, on round black bases with the respective logo, and a strong "pin-up" feeling.

Most of the statues of the line followed those patterns, so most of them were posed in iconic, relaxed stances. Some, like Supergirl, Wonder Woman, and Kingdom Come Armored Wonder Woman (yes, there were two statues of her) weren't relaxed, but still looked fine because they were in victorious, heroic stances that fit their character very well.

My problem came with the LAST character released in the line: Raven. Anyone who's read the comics knows that Raven tends to be a shy, emotionally reclusive woman, that constantly restrains her emotions because getting too excited would provide her father, an extradimensional demon named Trigon, the element he needs to open a portal to our dimension, and invade. But the statue was posed so dynamically, that there's no way you could see a shy reclusive mystic woman struggling with her emotions. In no way the statue was portraying that. It annoyed me to no end, because the statue came out like it was about a Raven, but in that pose I just couldn't really see Raven. At best, it was a statue of a fangirl cosplaying as Raven.

To sum it up: The statues need to reflect the personality of the character. Some characters are better portrayed in dynamic stantes, and others, in relaxed poses.

I tend to prefer dynamic poses but it really just depends on the statue.

Lara and Nathan looks great in Dynamic poses, so does Action Thor and Strike down Thor, so does Koto-Sosa Spiderman.

But Superman Bats and Arthas looks awesome in museum poses and I hope WW is not too dynamic so as to match them.

Back