Does SS have more love for Marvel than SW?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Someone recently compared the Boba Fett PF to the new Captain America PF.

Cap's exclusive is an alternate head, shield, and base accessory. Boba Fett got nothing but a throw away "artifact" that almost appears to be an afterthought.

Why didn't Fett get alternate ESB gauntlets and a carbon freezing chamber base? Is it because SS designs Marvel with more gusto and passion? Or is it because they know SW will sell out regardless of how inspired (or uninspired) the accessories are?

I dont think they have more love for Marvel than SW. Look at the detail that went into Fett. Cap is awsome in his own right but you have to think would people still be excited over him if it was just the regular edition without the helmet, shield, or head.

kain4521 said:
Cap is awsome in his own right but you have to think would people still be excited over him if it was just the regular edition without the helmet, shield, or head.
In a word, YES. I'll have him displayed with his traditional cowl and shield more often than the WWII but the option of the original costume and German helmet were just too good to pass up. They literally upsold this piece to me with some ingenious exclusives.

This cry baby thread should go in cry baby sec, wait sorry, the Star Wars section...............:D

It is your conclusion that SS has more love for Marvel than SW...........

How dare someone compare a Star Wars item to that of a Marvel item............for shame, next thing you know, people will be comparing the strengths of Supersissyman and that of the Hulk...............that is like comparing Anne Ramsey(the Star Wars item) to Jessica Alba(the Marvel item)...............

I am sorry, but is your comment "Or is it because they know SW will sell out regardless of how inspired (or uninspired) the accessories are?" a miserable attempt to insult the Marvel line, becaue you are upset about the exclusive items, or lack thereof?

I collect the Marvel line more than the SW line. The only Sideshow SW item I have coming is Fett PF. I don't do the 12" figures (cancelled all my exclusive preorders) and I don't buy all the SW PF like some folks do.

That said, I can understand the frustration of SW fans when they compare the high profile Fett PF and Cap PF. It seems like Sideshow took the easy way out of an exclusive on Fett and went all out to make a great product for Cap.

But Bodie, Spidey's camera coulda been used to take that freakin' awesome pic of Alba in your signature................am I right..............???:cool:

(You are right though.............lame exclusive)

i hate to say it, but im not a huge fan of fett. but i did have the exclusive on preorder for a while until i decided it wasnt worth keeping. i do think sideshow has dropped the ball on a couple of the SW PF exclusives. they are great pieces without a doubt, but when you look at some of the exclusives that all the SW have come with and look at the marvel exclusives it kind of makes you wonder if they either: A.didnt want to go that extra step, or B.didn't want to change something on iconic characters that would affect the overall way it looked.

ok, in sideshow's defense there isnt a whole lot of options for their PF exclusive items. with exception to Leia and Han you cant do the same thing like Captain America where you have the different shield, cowl, etc.
in the future what PF exclusives would you like to see??
if they have an Palpatine from ROTS i would like to see the scene from the Mace fight and have the exclusive the after effects of the lightning surge to the face.

hairlesswookiee said:
ok, in sideshow's defense there isnt a whole lot of options for their PF exclusive items. with exception to Leia and Han you cant do the same thing like Captain America where you have the different shield, cowl, etc.
in the future what PF exclusives would you like to see??
You're right about the lack of options for SW characters, but an alternate base and weapon can be done for almost anyone. Fett in particular would have benefited from this approach. Give him alternate forearms holding his ESB rifle and carbon chamber base and you've basically got the SW equivalent of Cap.

Don't get me wrong, the Fett piece looks phenomenal but they just went so far above and beyond with Cap. I'm blown away by it. Other than the Hulk PF I have no other Marvel pieces on order and it just seems that people have been so happy with the overall detail in the Marvel line that I wondered if SS approached it differently than SW.

Dont blame SS for the lack of extras on the SW pieces, that goes back to Lucas and his people who approve the PF pieces in the first place. They could say, no it needs something more, but they felt the Fett piece was good enough. The Marvel approval people obviously wanted more for Cap.

With all the back and forth that must go on from early design to finished product you can hardly lay the blame on SS feet. I would think the final say is the guy who signs off that the piece is good enough to produce. He is the real culprit.

And the camera is just really lame.

Icemizer said:
Dont blame SS for the lack of extras on the SW pieces, that goes back to Lucas and his people who approve the PF pieces in the first place.
i agree with you on this. not to start a roast of sideshow, but recently i feel they have been slacking off on their efforts. i LOVE the obi wan PF and have been happy with my Freddy and Jason PF. but with the recent Aragon debate as well as other paint job foul ups i almost want to say that SS is getting a little too relaxed with their work. its almost like they know people will still buy the product regardless of what happens. i for one agree that Fett is a fan favorite in the Star Wars universe and i think sideshow should've done a little something extra for the PF.im not saying anything drastic, but the dingy little wall plaque should be removed from memory in favor of a better base or even alternate gauntlets that have been mentioned before.

Not every exclusive piece put out is going to be fantastically awesome and loved by all................there is only so much you can do with the Star Warts guys...........3 movies is all the history of the Star Wars has, unless you count the cartoons and the comic books, but then does SS have the licenses to the comic book characters as well...........

The great and vast majority of Marvel's characters are at least in one book a month. After a minumum of 20 years with one comic, that is 240 books alone........and most of these characters have been around longer than 20 years and are in more than one book, so yes, there is a broad horizon of exclusives that the Marvel line has to offer.

Still say this is a Star Wars thread for the Star Wars section...........

Im a way bigger SW fan than Marvel fan, however, the SW PFs arnt all that great to me except for Grievous. Their likeness are just not on par imo.

With the Marvel PFs, their likness are dead on.

star wars has 6 movies and hundreds of books and has been around for almost 30 years. you're telling me that plo koon is the only character worthy of getting something from the visual dictionary??? come on, that BS. since there is a gripe with fett the least they could've done was maybe add a base that was from empire.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I cut SW PF some slack in the likeness department. Human likeness Vs Comics likeness is not even a fair comparisson.

That is a great point............mainly cause some people might want their figures to resemble the actor portraying the character...........

hairlesswookiee said:
star wars has 6 movies and hundreds of books and has been around for almost 30 years. you're telling me that plo koon is the only character worthy of getting something from the visual dictionary??? come on, that BS. since there is a gripe with fett the least they could've done was maybe add a base that was from empire.

6 movies?????:confused: :confused: :confused: ..................just kidding..........there are a lot of books, but the art is only on the covers......

*cough-cough*star wars section*cough-cough*:D

Hairless lets not confuse paint jobs and likeness with exclusives, A whole second issue there. SS is responsible for what arrives in each and every box. I expect the paint to be applied correctly and the eyes to be looking in the right direction. Even if the coporate unknown guy signs off on a lame exclusive it should still be painted properly. For poor paint jobs and bad clothing that blame falls directly on SS.

Back