American Vampire

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey is this worth reading? It's on a 99 cent sale on ComiXology for a few days. It's written by Scott Snyder and I've liked his Batbooks. Anyone read this?

Definitely. When my first local comic shop closed up, the books on my pull list got screwed up, so this book kind of fell off of my radar, but I read the first arc, and about half of the second, and loved it. I'd recommend it not only for Snyder, but for the awesome Stephen King penned Western back-up.

I may just have to give it a try then. I forgot King wrote a Western Vampire story.

I have pulled av since issue 1 on a monthly buy, they are on a break right now so you have time to catch up. one of the best series I ever read imo, next to sweet tooth, and walking dead.

American Vampire is one of Snyders best books. So good definitley recommend it!

Just read the first hc in one sitting. Great book and I love the dual story concept. Both stories are gold in their own right but I like the Pearl story better slightly. I just wanted to see her get her revenge.

The dual stories (featuring Stephen King) end I think its only in the first arc.

Thanks for that info. I'm trying to track down the 3rd HC. Anybody got any leads on a new one which is first printing?

So I've read the first 6 issues and the sale ends tonight so I went ahead and bought all 34.

What I read was good. I was a little disappointed as I guess I was hoping for something more like Locke and Key but it's still pretty good and the fast pace is fun. And it's refreshing to read a vampire story where the vampires are... blood thirsty monsters.

You should check out his mini series as well called Severed. If you like Horror books its very good! Its a slow burn, but well worth the read.

You should check out his mini series as well called Severed. If you like Horror books its very good! Its a slow burn, but well worth the read.

I like to serf the 99 cent sales at ComiXology, but I will keep my eye out for that one.

Back