Satellite Sam by Matt Fraction

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalbelo

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is one of the new release Image titles for summer of 2013, and I must say it is HORRIBLE!! I am a huge fan of Matt Fractions Hawkeye, both of his fantastic four series are great, and his previous run of Thor was very good. So my thought is... a unique title that is a mature read by Matt Fraction!!?? Sign me up!!! So this was my looking forward to read of the week and I am disappointed beyond belief! It was boring, the art work by Howard Chaykin was poor, and the text bubbles are so hard to follow. I dont even know who is talking half of the time, wtf!?

My advice.... stay far far away from this book :mad:

Did anyone waste their $3.50 and want to share their thoughts?

I made it through the first 3 pages and put it down. I tried a second time and made it 4 pages and gave up.

That was enough for me.

Whats shocking to me is that most comic book review sites gave it pick of the week, 4/5, 4.5/5..... nothing but raving reviews. Thats from sites like Comicbookresources, iFanboy, etc.

They must have read a different book then I did, the wierd part is the plot they described sounds like the book that I read, but no way that it is. Maybe their books came with instructions on how to read it and mine were missing. Maybe the book has to be decoded in the read order, like read pg. 3 panel 1, then pg.1 panel 1, then pg. 2 panel 3, etc. There has got to be somthing Im missing!!! :gah:

:rotfl

Back