PDA

View Full Version : Silver Surfer Pics

tomandshell
10-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Looks kinda green to me...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53992173@N00/?saved=1

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7263/silversurfer01ny9.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3994/silversurfer02ao8.jpg

I hope that the Fantastic Four sequel will be better than the first. I thought that one was OK, but there was room for improvement.

TheObsoleteMan
10-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm really curious to see how this turns out. I've always thought the surfing aspect would come off a little hokey in live action.

SolidLiquidFox
10-12-2006, 01:33 PM
For a second there I thought this was a leaked pic of a new Sideshow item announced in tonight's newsletter.

You are being too kind Tom. The first F4 movie was pretty bad. :emperor

TheObsoleteMan
10-12-2006, 01:35 PM
I thought the first one was alright except for the anti-climactic final battle.

Batty
10-12-2006, 01:39 PM
It'll be interesting to see the final product. I was not a fan of the first movie.

I thought this thread was going to be about a SSC announcement too. :lol

hairlesswookiee
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I thought the first one was alright except for the anti-climactic final battle.
i also thought it was pretty decent. the end was B.S. though. it was still leaps and bouds above Daredevil.:lol

Alice Adrenochrome
10-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I had high hopes for the first movie, but was sort of let down... I sure hope Silver Surfer makes the difference in the sequel.

TheObsoleteMan
10-12-2006, 02:20 PM
i also thought it was pretty decent. the end was B.S. though. it was still leaps and bouds above Daredevil.:lolActually, I think it's about on par with the theatrical version of DD, but the director's cut of DD is right up there with the first Spider-Man and X-2 as the best of the Marvel movies IMO.

tomandshell
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
I also have my concerns about a fully CGI Silver Surfer interacting with a cast of humans. Digital characters inserted into live action movies have failed a lot more often than they have succeeded.

http://morereviews.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/blarp.jpg

Khev
10-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Fantastic Four movies themselves have failed a lot more than they've succeeded. :D

Rook
10-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I can't be scathing enough in any post on any forum to accurately describe my disgust with that film. The director needs to have his scissors and crayons taken away. Permanently. Why they gave him a second chance, I'll never understand. :(

Marvel's only real goal is to pump out the comic-based movies while they're hot, collect the money and run. It's a terrible way to do business, short-sighted at best. The only way that comic-based movies will continue to gain solid box office draws is if people continue to recognize them as quality entertainment. Films like FF, X3 and Elektra do the exact opposite.

My advice to the studios? Take a cue from Raimey and Singer: Focus on the characters, and make the action fit the story. Doing it the other way around (a la Michael Bay) just destroys any hope of the film's longevity. Oh, and leave the cheesey one-liners and MTV-esque dialogue at the door.

I could go on, but I'll quit. Sorry.

Darth Waller
10-12-2006, 02:58 PM
I'll be curious to see how SS turns out, but I'm not loving the idea of him being a fully CGI character. I was hoping they could do a mixture of a real person with CGI tweaks.

LordAzrael
10-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm looking forward to Ghostrider & Iron-Man......... I hope they don't bollocks them up as well.

Bodie The Cursed
10-12-2006, 03:15 PM
I thought FF1 was a complete failure in what could have been cool. Only positive was Alba to drool over.

SolidLiquidFox
10-12-2006, 03:16 PM
The thing is...well, the wow factor for a silvery guy as a cool special effect will always go to the T-1000 from T2.

As we have become more disensitized to CGI, I just hope it looks natural enough that it doesn't distract from the movie. Something along the lines of Sonny from "I, Robot". Good CGI for a main character that wasn't distracting.

nash
10-12-2006, 04:13 PM
there was a movie? What??? I was just watching Jessica Alba the whole time, I must have missed all the dialogue.:lol

Darth Rage
10-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I went into it with very low expectations after hearing all the scathing reviews from the fans. OVerall I thought it was ok. I didn't buy the DVD though, so I guess it wasn't that good. I am really not so sure about this CG Surfer.

Viking28
10-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Have you watched the new Ghostrider trailer? I don't know after watching it.
http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/ghost-rider-nicolas-cage

Darth Rage
10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Have you watched the new Ghostrider trailer? I don't know after watching it.
http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-clip/ghost-rider-nicolas-cage

Just watched it. Not feelin it. Tough to get any acting or emotion out of a CGI flaming skull I guess. Tough to get acting out of Nicholas Cage though, so I suppose it's a perfect match. :lol

King Darkness
10-12-2006, 05:28 PM
JTough to get any acting or emotion out of a CGI flaming skull I guess. Tough to get acting out of Nicholas Cage though, so I suppose it's a perfect match. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Thats great!!!!!!

LOTRFan
10-12-2006, 07:56 PM
I went into it with very low expectations after hearing all the scathing reviews from the fans. OVerall I thought it was ok. I didn't buy the DVD though, so I guess it wasn't that good. I am really not so sure about this CG Surfer.

I went in with low expectations, and they were met with an even lower film.

Yuck, you couldn't pay me to watch that again. :sick

mfoga
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
there was a movie? What??? I was just watching Jessica Alba the whole time, I must have missed all the dialogue.:lol
Me too:lol

FrankenFan
10-13-2006, 06:01 AM
There's a very brief interview with Doug Jones, the actor who portrayed Abe Sapien and the taller of the Gentlemen in the Buffy episode "Hush" about his role as the ill-fated Norinn Radd and how the character may be realized on film:

Doug Jones Interview (http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0609/29/dougjones.htm)

http://www.kurtgoldzung.com/MB/glxy.jpg

Mithrandier
10-13-2006, 06:27 AM
I can't be scathing enough in any post on any forum to accurately describe my disgust with that film. The director needs to have his scissors and crayons taken away. Permanently. Why they gave him a second chance, I'll never understand. :(

Marvel's only real goal is to pump out the comic-based movies while they're hot, collect the money and run. It's a terrible way to do business, short-sighted at best. The only way that comic-based movies will continue to gain solid box office draws is if people continue to recognize them as quality entertainment. Films like FF, X3 and Elektra do the exact opposite.

My advice to the studios? Take a cue from Raimey and Singer: Focus on the characters, and make the action fit the story. Doing it the other way around (a la Michael Bay) just destroys any hope of the film's longevity. Oh, and leave the cheesey one-liners and MTV-esque dialogue at the door.

I could go on, but I'll quit. Sorry.

Singer did great with The Usual Suspects and the first two X-Men movies.............but totally bombed with Superman............or maybe it was just the fact that it was Superman:D .........

I thought that The Hulk CGI was great..............the movie, not so great........

I know I am in a minority here..........but I thought the 2005 Fantastic Four movie was decent..........definately not my favorite Marvel movie, but not the worst *cough*Electra*cough*...............I think the Thing shoulda been done CGI a la Hulk................

And the 1994 movie of the Fantastic Four..............you are not allowed to count...............no marvel movie prior to Ramey's Spider-Man and Singer's X-Men counts as an actual movie.............more like an after school special. If you count them, then you gotta count Star Wars Episode I, II and III as movies as well.............oh and you gotta count Batman 3 and 4 also............there are five great movies for ya.........