Silver Surfer Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Silver Surfer Pics (Movie)

Looks kinda green to me...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/53992173@N00/?saved=1

silversurfer01ny9.jpg

silversurfer02ao8.jpg

I hope that the Fantastic Four sequel will be better than the first. I thought that one was OK, but there was room for improvement.

Last edited:
I'm really curious to see how this turns out. I've always thought the surfing aspect would come off a little hokey in live action.

For a second there I thought this was a leaked pic of a new Sideshow item announced in tonight's newsletter.

You are being too kind Tom. The first F4 movie was pretty bad. :emperor

It'll be interesting to see the final product. I was not a fan of the first movie.

I thought this thread was going to be about a SSC announcement too. :lol

hairlesswookiee said:
i also thought it was pretty decent. the end was B.S. though. it was still leaps and bouds above Daredevil.:lol
Actually, I think it's about on par with the theatrical version of DD, but the director's cut of DD is right up there with the first Spider-Man and X-2 as the best of the Marvel movies IMO.

I also have my concerns about a fully CGI Silver Surfer interacting with a cast of humans. Digital characters inserted into live action movies have failed a lot more often than they have succeeded.

blarp.jpg

I can't be scathing enough in any post on any forum to accurately describe my disgust with that film. The director needs to have his scissors and crayons taken away. Permanently. Why they gave him a second chance, I'll never understand. :(

Marvel's only real goal is to pump out the comic-based movies while they're hot, collect the money and run. It's a terrible way to do business, short-sighted at best. The only way that comic-based movies will continue to gain solid box office draws is if people continue to recognize them as quality entertainment. Films like FF, X3 and Elektra do the exact opposite.

My advice to the studios? Take a cue from Raimey and Singer: Focus on the characters, and make the action fit the story. Doing it the other way around (a la Michael Bay) just destroys any hope of the film's longevity. Oh, and leave the cheesey one-liners and MTV-esque dialogue at the door.

I could go on, but I'll quit. Sorry.

I'll be curious to see how SS turns out, but I'm not loving the idea of him being a fully CGI character. I was hoping they could do a mixture of a real person with CGI tweaks.

The thing is...well, the wow factor for a silvery guy as a cool special effect will always go to the T-1000 from T2.

As we have become more disensitized to CGI, I just hope it looks natural enough that it doesn't distract from the movie. Something along the lines of Sonny from "I, Robot". Good CGI for a main character that wasn't distracting.

there was a movie? What??? I was just watching Jessica Alba the whole time, I must have missed all the dialogue.:lol

I went into it with very low expectations after hearing all the scathing reviews from the fans. OVerall I thought it was ok. I didn't buy the DVD though, so I guess it wasn't that good. I am really not so sure about this CG Surfer.

Darth Rage said:
JTough to get any acting or emotion out of a CGI flaming skull I guess. Tough to get acting out of Nicholas Cage though, so I suppose it's a perfect match. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Thats great!!!!!!

Back