BloodRayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritz

My muse is a fickle b**ch
Reaction score
Wow am I late, the website says it was released in May. :rolleyes: :eek: Also, that's got to be one of the lamest movie websites I've seen, all it does it let you order through Amazon or watch a trailer. :confused:

I rented and saw BloodRayne last night. Now while it wasn't the greatest movie of all time and I didn't really care for the casting of Kristanna Loken as BloodRayne, it had a nice mix of graphic violence and nudity if that's something you care for. :peace Since it was the director's cut I guess all those extra scenes of squirting blood and hacked off limbs were added for the DVD release. :cut

yeah i bought it and thought the extra gore was funny. but other than that the movie was pretty awful. and to think Uwe Boll said something about the evil critics that are against him.

A terrible movie with the main character showing us her boobs. It's a terrible movie -the last clip is riot as it - for some reason gives you a gore montage at the end of the movie. The bad thing is that its boring and the fight scenes are flat out aweful.

Uwe Boll is so terrible that he's awesome. HOTD is still awesomely his worst/best movie to date. For some reason he wants to make a sequel to this.

Darth Waller said:
And that's bad because...? :monkey5

Her boobs aren't terrible. They're quite lovely.

The movie itself is horrible, it just happens to that (one of the super rare times) that a female main character has shown us her boobs.

Yep gotta agree Loved the games and the character, but the movie was horrible
blood.jpg

Rhodes said:
Her boobs aren't terrible. They're quite lovely.

The movie itself is horrible, it just happens to that (one of the super rare times) that a female main character has shown us her boobs.

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing it's the typical situation where they didn't develop her character enough and knew their target audience was mostly looking for T&A and gore. Similar to the Underworld movies, but since they have Kate Beckinsale, I have to go easy on them. :monkey3

Darth Waller said:
...Similar to the Underworld movies, but since they have Kate Beckinsale, I have to go easy on them. :monkey3

For shame! Underworld isn't even close to comparable to BloodRayne. Plus there wasn't that much gore and no nudity in Underworld (and barely any in Underworld II). It didn't need it as it was a much better movie. :rock

Darth Waller said:
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm guessing it's the typical situation where they didn't develop her character enough and knew their target audience was mostly looking for T&A and gore. Similar to the Underworld movies, but since they have Kate Beckinsale, I have to go easy on them. :monkey3

I'm no fan of Underworld but those two movies blow Bloodrayne away. Honestly it just wasn't very clear as to why she bumped uglies with that dude. I don't know if her vampire lust got the best of her or Uwe Boll just wanting to see her t*ts. I don't think it was romance -didn't feel like it. Visually it looked great. It was a very smooth production but it didn't do much for me but I gave it a shot.

Fritz said:
For shame! Underworld isn't even close to comparable to BloodRayne. Plus there wasn't that much gore and no nudity in Underworld (and barely any in Underworld II). It didn't need it as it was a much better movie. :rock

Don't get me wrong, I like the Underworld movies. They're good popcorn movies and they've got great visuals.

Darth Waller said:
Don't get me wrong, I like the Underworld movies. They're good popcorn movies and they've got great visuals.

And most importantly Kate Beckinsale as Selene. :drool

If they'd played any of the games before writing the script and stuck to at least a portion of the plot from the games, and got someone who actually can direct, the movie could've been decent. The game she joins part of a secret society that trains her to fight vampires,(much like Blade) so she can kill the vampire that turned her and killed her mother. It all takes place during WWII so there's alot of Nazi bloodshed by her blades. Instead they move the time to midevel times and ruin much of the story. Movie sucked hard, the games are cool. If there is a sequal which I've heard the rumors of they need to get it out of Uwe's hands.
oh and the first Underworld film came out a year after Majesco was in talks to make a Bloodrayne film. Pretty much all of Selene's character in Underworld is exactly how Bloodrayne is in the games, minus the red hair.

EVILFACE said:
Fixed it for you.

blood rayne < Underworld < Big Mammas House < How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days < V for Vendetta

I AGREE.......

i really did not like V at all. really predictable, corny story. seemed to me like a sci-fi original.

Back