Best One-Sixth Scale Regular Stormtrooper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That'd be the Marmit.

nice marmit
lebowski_marmot.jpg

yep....Marmit is the best I've seen....I think the SS versions are just too bulky....the Medicom's too skinny....the Marmit looks just right...

with a little modding and the SDCC Luke helmet, the SST's Stormtrooper is my vote.

I thought this was an interesting comparison:

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/04/sideshow-vs-marmit-vs-medicom.html

Amazing that the Marmit is still so highly regarded after 15 years of toy technology development, and the 1/6 boom of the past decade.

That is because Marmit might have had some inside knowledge and made their figures as accurate as possible (and not just the Stormtrooper). Neither SS or Medi come close to Marmit in that regard.

I agree that the SS E-11 blaster is the best scaled Stormie blaster out there (cylinders, scope and Hengstler are all present like on the 1:1 blasters), the SS fabric belt and thermal detonator are more accurate than Marmit and Medi, and the solid ABS armor on the SS is better than the flexible PVC armor on Marmit and Medicom.

But when talking about the overall accuracy, the Marmit wins by far.

I'm sure SS had some inside knowlege as well, but still made theirs a bit bulky.

They are still still a solid second place figure.

They do make the best Clones, by a longshot.

Not sure if SS really had some inside knowledge like Marmit, but even if they had, they didn't really use it.

The SS helmet looks like it was inspired by the old F/X fan made, but with much bigger mic tips (left in the below pic):

k2zejp.jpg

Short Round just posted some pics of his and all he did was transport it to a slim and modded the chest and it looked great. I dunno...

I could do a huge list.. or I could say - consult JKNO. :lecture :lol

I saw that pic - & it does look a little less 'stiff' on that body.
It doesn't change the inaccuracies of the armour though.

Back