Medicom vs SideShow Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pzrwest

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Being new to 1/6th clone figures how do Medicom figures rate compaired to the SideShow figures?

I'd read through the threads and look at pics and take opinions of people who actually have both. I think they look hinky together even though I do have Medi Jango posed with SSC Boba. The Medi Jango being a little shorter works since Jango was shorter than Boba in the films, (actors, not talking about baby Boba :lol ) but he still looks anorexic.

Darth Maul medi looks great with SSC as well and there are some really great kick *** customs where people have mixed the SSC parts in and came up with some great Mauls. Same with the Medi RotJ Boba, alot of people have made very cool Boba Fetts using the medi as a base and mixing in SSC upgraded parts.

You will probably want to shy away from older medi models as its almost universally acknowledged they'll break very easily, unless you buy them with the thought in mind of a body upgrade.

You just have alot of reading offered here and can get as in depth as you want, its all there in the respective threads.

Being new to 1/6th clone figures how do Medicom figures rate compaired to the SideShow figures?

I will agree with everything niltusk has said. I sold my ss maul for the medi maul v2 because of the increase in posability, but I do like the ss accessories better. I have not gotten the medi boba/ jango because of the size discrepancy when standing next to my other ss figures.

I have been a member for almost 1 year now and base my purchases off what members write. Reading about the older medi figures always ends with one breaking. Version 2 always seems better than a version 1.

Ultimately I guess it depends on what you want out of your collection. If they are going to stand on a shelf then posing may not be an issue. will ss and medi be on the same shelf? Maybe height comparison is not an issue either. Get the one that looks the best to you.

Thank you for the replies. I guess in the long run it's what you like better, and checking out the figures before you buy

Medicom figures are smaller, and usually have worse paint apps on human heads and "softer" sculpts. But the older Sideshow figures have their own issues in the paint departments, and awkward bodies that have limited posing options. Both have hits and misses in the clothing departments. I think MSRP on Medi figures is way too high, but Sideshow is getting there, as well. Neither can touch Hot Toys if you are looking for a quality, high end 1/6 scale figure. But Hot Toys has only released one Star Wars figure.

Everything that needs to be said in summary has been said with regards to the two brands, so I'll only offer a tip for continued reference and research: use Google to search the site - you'll get much better results than trying to use the forum's built-in search options.

Like this:
site:sideshowcollectors.com your search terms here

I use it frequently enough to have made a browser-specific shortcut so I can just type "side search_term" into my URL box. ;)

Pixel - that is a great hint. Thanks. I do get frustrated when trying to search a topic on the forums sometimes.

Back