Do the newer Prometheus bodies have tighter joints?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a Prometheus body, just want to make sure newer ones have tighter joints. Only one I had was the ROTA Indiana Jones and that was was loooose!

Thanks for your help!

They have improved, but they've also gone through different kinds of knee joints. Some are great, others like the ratchet and rubber knees are awful. I wish I knew which figure had what kind of knees as I'd be buying up the loose bodie en-mass until Sideshow settles on one good design :lol

Probably the biggest critigue overall on the the Prometheus is the forearms are a bit too short and the gap at back of the thighs below the butt is unsightly and not good for tight fitting clothes. Having said that I've used them quite a few time to upgrade older Sideshow figures and have been happy with them.

In short, yes.

But, IMO, they're still not good enough. I felt Bossk was pretty sturdy, but just recently he's started to slide, that side to side swivel at the knee joint is the culprit.

No. Yes. Well sometimes sorta. Good luck.

They have improved, but they've also gone through different kinds of knee joints. Some are great, others like the ratchet and rubber knees are awful. I wish I knew which figure had what kind of knees as I'd be buying up the loose bodie en-mass until Sideshow settles on one good design :lol

Probably the biggest critigue overall on the the Prometheus is the forearms are a bit too short and the gap at back of the thighs below the butt is unsightly and not good for tight fitting clothes. Having said that I've used them quite a few time to upgrade older Sideshow figures and have been happy with them.

In short, yes.

But, IMO, they're still not good enough. I felt Bossk was pretty sturdy, but just recently he's started to slide, that side to side swivel at the knee joint is the culprit.

I share the same sentiments with our fellow boardies. SSC bodies are most unpredictable IMO. My GI Joe Beachhead had the loose torso thanks to the common problem that is the cracked midsection, but I like its knees more compared to the newer Lt. Falcon. I don't like how their bodies look even in not too tight costumes in general -- they look lanky with skinny legs especially when viewed from the side, like Boba Fett which I also plan to upgrade with a TT.

I'm actually more impressed with the bodies of the much cheaper Art Figures -- has enough bulk to look good under any costume, and so far all AFs I've got have terrific joints that are tight enough to be posed easily and hold that pose effortlessly, again IMO.

SSC should really come up with better bodies, now that they're gettnig all the more pricier with each release, coz you end up paying more if you want a better base body that sometimes becomes a necessity instead of a collector's personal choice with SSC figures.

I think this is a great question. I have mainly clones. Some are good, most are bad at holding a pose without the stand. I would love to know what bodies if any people have switched to under clone armor.

I would love to know what bodies if any people have switched to under clone armor.

I think this one is difficult. I don't own any of the clones, but I think SSC has a body especially designed for them -- a body that is thinner even compared to HT's True Type SLIM, so that it would still look proportioned when the clone's fully armored up. HT TT Slim has a wider torso, hip and still thicker legs compared to the stock clone body, fitting the body and leg armor might be a problem.

2279887922_1168eea424_o.jpg

Lately I've been buying up the DAM and BBK bodies I've seen loose. they are two nice HT (and other major brand) compatible bodies, but are 2 different useful sizes and good quality overall.

I've found quite a few for under $10 before shipping.

The only body sideshow has released that has tight joints on everyone I own and shows no signs of slipping are the crimson guard bodies. The only down side of these bodies is that they are taller than reg pro bodies and have a long neck joint oh and kinda hard to get for a reasonable price.

But most of the new bodies are ok enough if you get them for a good price.

Back