• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Michael Burnett/Rubies 1:1 Darth Vader Life-Size Statue #447/500 *PERFECT*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent72

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there will be any interest for this piece here on the forum since it's not a "screen accurate" piece so I've put it up for sale on eBay as well, but I'd much rather sell it to a fellow member if at all possible. :)

I am offering for sale a one of a kind piece of Star Wars memorabilia. This is the Rubies/Michael Burnett Life-Size Darth Vader statue limited to 500 pieces and licensed by Lucasfilm Ltd. Back in the mid-late 1990s Michael Burnett Studios handcrafted each of these limited edition statues using reference photographs and actual pulls from the original molds, blueprints, photos and visits to the Lucasfilm Archives to exactly replicate the costume worn by David Prowse in The Empire Strikes Back. The statue stands over 7 feet tall on a base that is 33" x19" x 3" and it is made of molded latex and features fiberglass accents, a fabric cape and robe, a lightsaber and working lights on the chest box and belt boxes(all of which still work perfectly).It comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity signed by the artist, Michael Burnett, the Vice President of Rubies and the Vice President of Lucasfilm Licensing. This particular statue was purchased new by me in 1999 and has been in my collection ever since. It's #447/500 and is PERFECT in every way(except for maybe a little dust). It has been kept in a smoke free, child free home and has never been damaged in any way, shape or form. If you're familiar with this particular piece you will probably know that some of them were bought by stores and put on display resulting in those statues being severely damaged and ultimately very few of the 500 pieces made are still in good condition. I would be willing to say that the statue I'm offering here is one of the nicest examples left in existence today. I take great care of all my collectibles and this statue is no exception as it has been treated like a museum piece.

I have seen these go from $8,000 to over $13,000 on eBay, but I would love to sell it here to save on the ridiculous eBay seller's fees. I would also prefer local pick-up as the statue is over 7' tall and weighs probably in the neighborhood of 60-80 lbs. If local pick up is not an option it will be up to the buyer to arrange shipping through a freight company at their cost or pay me to arrange for it. I do know that the best option for shipping large, valuable items like this is Craters and Freighters(cratersandfreighters.com) as I have received a couple of life-size pieces from them and they arrived in perfect condition.

I'm looking to get $8,500 for this statue mainly because as I said before it's one of the nicest ones out of the original 500 still in existence, but I will also listen to all reasonable offers. As I said before, I've seen these statues go for as much as $13,000 in the past and I would contend that the one I'm selling here is in better condition than the one that sold for that price. In fact, I saw one sell just last year for $8,500 on eBay(you can look it up using item # 200738113075) and it was in absolutely horrible condition compared to mine so I don't think the price I'm listing this rare piece for is outrageous by any means. Also, please note that this is still the only licensed life-size Darth Vader statue ever made and will almost certainly always be a highly sought after collectible. I would much rather sell this item to a fellow member rather than hassling with eBay and I'm hoping some collector of licensed SW memorabilia here is interested in this great piece. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions and/or picture requests and I'll do my best to respond ASAP. Thanks and "May the Force Be With You".

mlt5.jpg

mhpy.jpg

hvwl.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure there won't be much interest here due to the price, but this is still available in case anyone is interested or knows someone who might be looking for one.

Hey man, just a heads up, you might wanna try eBay this week. They are capping FVFs on high dollar items so that would save you a few bucks. Wish I had the scratch to even think about picking this guy up, good luck with the sale.

Haven't bumped this in a while, but Vader is still for sale if anyone is interested.

Back