Action Figure Realistic Disney Princesses: Ariel Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoda Man

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I tried something a little different this time around and made a custom Disney bust of one of my favorite characters. As a big Disney fan, I really loved those fan-made hyper-realistic paintings of what Disney Princesses would look like in real life. I was inspired by them to make a series of busts (similar to Gentle Giant's work) that depict how the Princesses would realistically look. The goal was to sculpt the clothes and hair and paint the piece in a way that appears natural instead of cartoonish. It was also fun to finally do a custom that didn't have a set "appearance" (there's no human likeness I have to strive for and no detail can truly be "wrong") and just work on my sculpting and painting skills. I just greatly enjoyed getting to design and imagine how these women would appear in a realistic setting.

First up is Ariel, but I already have sketches and designs worked out for the other leading Disney ladies. If the idea is well-received, I currently have the parts to get started on Belle, Megara, Rapunzel, and Mulan.

ArielBust1.jpg

ArielBust2.jpg

ArielBust3.jpg

ArielBust4.jpg

ArielBust5.jpg

ArielBust6.jpg

ArielBust7.jpg

With flash:
ArielBust8.jpg

ArielBust9.jpg

Wow I really like the bust plus the concept.

I can't wait to see more of the princesses.

Pretty nice, but why does it look like Buffy? Kind of looks like you used a Buffy head and sculpted around it. Why not sculpt the head, so talented otherwise that using a prefabricated head seems an easy cop out.

Interesting idea. However, the barrel part of the sculpture looks odd to me.

And I agree with PM, looks amazingly like The Chosen One. Perhaps too much.

Pretty nice, but why does it look like Buffy? Kind of looks like you used a Buffy head and sculpted around it. Why not sculpt the head, so talented otherwise that using a prefabricated head seems an easy cop out.

Everything looks great but it just looks like Buffy to me. like I cannot-Not see buffy

Back