More GG edition sizes set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
We have set the following edition sizes:

Star Wars
Han Solo on Tauntaun statue - 3000 pieces
Animated Luke Skywalker Maquette - 4500 pieces
Animated C-3PO Maquette - 4500 pieces
Jango Fett II mini bust - 9000 pieces
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight mini bust - 6500 pieces

Harry Potter
Hagrid mini bust - 2000 pieces
Mad Eye Moody mini bust - 1750 pieces

Dragonkind
Maleficent statue - 1000 pieces
Elliott statue - 1000 pieces
Mushu statue - 1000 pieces

Damn, they just killed that great looking Jango bust.

I'm a bit surprised to see the lower ES's on the Potter busts too.

not too bad sizes, but not great either.

Im just happy everyone who wants a Jango bust will be able to get one.

I want a Jango bust but now with that ES I'll wait till it hits fairly low on ebay.

I may be tempted to get one when it drops to $30 to display with my Boba and Slave 1. He did have the ship first right :monkey3

Some interesting numbers in there. More Jangos and Lukes than I expected, but fewer of the animated maquettes and Potter pieces. I see the Han on Tauntaun piece as a "bookend" companion to the Luke piece, but they will be making 25% less of them.

The big question is how many will GG make of the slave Leia?

I think 9000 for Jango is too much. I don't usually buy from ebay but it is frustrating to pay around 45 from your favorite dealer and find it for 20 on the bay.

Darth Loki said:
Damn, they just killed that great looking Jango bust.

I'm a bit surprised to see the lower ES's on the Potter busts too.

Not to single Lok out or anything, but that's crazy logic. Edition size doesn't make a bust. SCULPTING and PAINTING make a bust. I get so tired of *****ing about edition sizes. Its like people out there only care about a collectible if they can deny a huge portion of the population the same right. GG went with a large edition size due to popularity (the Fetts will always sell) and precedence (look what the original Boba and Jango go for.. and look at how inflated Palpatine is now with the 4500 run). I can almost understand the whining about Vader. 20,000 was a little much. However, it still allow anyone who wanted it to get a bust of the most important character in the Sagas. I applaud GG for making the heavy hitters in the 8,000 to 9,000 range. Seems the perfect edition size for a Fett.

P.S. And its not like you guys shouldn't have seen this coming - they are re-sculpting the characters from the Ep.2 days that have become grossly inflated in high edition sizes: Vader 1 - around 200 on Ebay last time I checked. Vader 2 - 20,000 edition size. Yoda 1 -also around 200 on Ebay. Yoda 2 - edition size 20,000. Now, we add Jango to the mix. And, if they announce another Boba.. just be ready for that 10,000 edition size. You know its coming. And I will be happy to buy it.

I agree about the edition sizes, that any edition size of Fett will sell wildly. I'm still bitter about the Black Hole Trooper fiasco and my love/hate relationship with GG will continue, but any version of Fett will be most appreciated an all is forgiven. Unless....their servers fold like lawnchairs on ordering day and retailers get shut out completely. The important thing is that I'm not bitter...

thats good news for me. im on a budget and the Jango bust is the only one on the list im interested in right now. however, the luke jedi bust looks good too so i might pick one up.

DouglasMcc said:
Not to single Lok out or anything, but that's crazy logic. Edition size doesn't make a bust. SCULPTING and PAINTING make a bust. I get so tired of *****ing about edition sizes. Its like people out there only care about a collectible if they can deny a huge portion of the population the same right. GG went with a large edition size due to popularity (the Fetts will always sell) and precedence (look what the original Boba and Jango go for.. and look at how inflated Palpatine is now with the 4500 run). I can almost understand the whining about Vader. 20,000 was a little much. However, it still allow anyone who wanted it to get a bust of the most important character in the Sagas. I applaud GG for making the heavy hitters in the 8,000 to 9,000 range. Seems the perfect edition size for a Fett.

P.S. And its not like you guys shouldn't have seen this coming - they are re-sculpting the characters from the Ep.2 days that have become grossly inflated in high edition sizes: Vader 1 - around 200 on Ebay last time I checked. Vader 2 - 20,000 edition size. Yoda 1 -also around 200 on Ebay. Yoda 2 - edition size 20,000. Now, we add Jango to the mix. And, if they announce another Boba.. just be ready for that 10,000 edition size. You know its coming. And I will be happy to buy it.

I don't think it messed up the bust in any way other than it will hurt the dealers getting this because now I'll just wait to get it off ebay. Am I suprised? No GG loves huge ES on their pieces.

Yep as far as I'm concerned an edition size that's too large is better than one that's too low any day of the week.

Imagine if the Jango Fett bust had an edition size of 2,500 and not everyone could get one.

Secondary market value isn't as important as giving collectors a chance to get the characters they love.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Yep as far as I'm concerned an edition size that's too large is better than one that's too low any day of the week.

Imagine if the Jango Fett bust had an edition size of 2,500 and not everyone could get one.

Secondary market value isn't as important as giving collectors a chance to get the characters they love.

I agree. Some though care and I understand that as well.

DouglasMcc said:

An ES would never determine whether I got a piece or not, just when I would get it. If I know something has a limited ES, I'll get it pretty quickly to avoid the hassle of eBay or trying to find it later. However, if there's a nice looking bust like Jango's ( I don't collect these busts by the way), it will be found for much cheaper on the secondary market. Good examples of a high ES killing a piece are the Vader EP 3 bust and the ESB Yoda bust.

Back