PF display cases size questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
After much consideration I have found that I would rather just get some acrylic cases from Cases for collectibles I believe for my PF. Ok so heres what I need to know. I measured the PF earlier tonight and here are the numbers that I came up with the first sizes two is base size then height. Are these about the same as what everyone came up with. Has anyone gotten a case for Grievous yet. How much did it cost. Also will the mouse droid and training remote fit in with Vader and Obi

Luke 70.34 20.45 12-10-20
Han 75.38 20.45 12-10-22
Leia 56.62 11.82 8-8-18
Vader 136.46 36.83 20-18-24
Obi-Wan 106 36.83 16-16-22
Grievous 24-24-26

Jason -- I get my cases from Cases for Collectibles also. I found that adding at least 2"-3" extra to all the dimensions really enhances the display. You can add more on depth or width if you want to add in a few small pieces with the larger one.

I had one made specially for Sauron. Because he was so heavy, I was concerned that I might drop the case on him so I asked them to make it with a side door so I could slide him in/out if I needed to. Price was somewhere in the $200 range, but he was worth it. They can make any size you want. Would suggest calling them directly. They have a toll-free number. And they are great to deal with.

Do you know if they combine shipping cost because as it is right now I will be spending $200 on shipping them to my house

Luke- 12x10x20
Han- 12x10x22
Vader- 18x18x24
Ben- 17x18x23
Greivous- 24x24x26
Leia- 10x8x18

That's what I have for mine. The case for Greivous was the most expensive of the bunch (about $290 shipped) but it should be less expensive to NC.

Mini-Rock said:
Luke- 12x10x20
Han- 12x10x22
Vader- 18x18x24
Ben- 17x18x23
Greivous- 24x24x26
Leia- 10x8x18

That's what I have for mine.
how much did they charge you for the Grievous case

Also would a 16X16X22 case due for Obi-Wan or is there enough room in there.

Mini-Rock said:
Greivous- 24x24x26

That's what I have for mine. The case for Greivous was the most expensive of the bunch (about $290 shipped) but it should be less expensive to NC.

,... $290?? to protect that piece of stick?,..that's more money than grievous sells on ebay!,.. :rotfl
can u show a pic of it? thanks..

Anakin said:
,... $290?? to protect that piece of stick?,..that's more money than grievous sells on ebay!,.. :rotfl
can u show a pic of it? thanks..
Really thats alot more than I thought it would be I was guessing about $170 for the case plus shipping. But if I get one for one I will have to get them for all of them. Im just glad for most they will only be about $100.

jason2885 said:
Really thats alot more than I thought it would be I was guessing about $170 for the case plus shipping. But if I get one for one I will have to get them for all of them. Im just glad for most they will only be about $100.

Yeah, shipping is what'll get ya!

Do either of you remember the cost of the case itself.

Also is Vaders and Obis big enough to fit the exclusive in there if not ill order a couple little ones for them.

jason2885 said:
Do either of you remember the cost of the case itself.

$183.66

jason2885 said:
Also is Vaders and Obis big enough to fit the exclusive in there if not ill order a couple little ones for them.

Yeah, there is room for the exclusive pieces in the cases.

Good to hear you are buying cases.

Make sure you space out the room in the case just right. Make sure you leave enough head room but not too much or it will look cheesy and just off.
If you don't leave enough, it will look too crammed.

Figure a couple of inches on the side and around 4-6 inches above.

You can see some of my examples in this thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6162

Good luck.

I just put into the shipping calculator at UPS.com and it came out to be $32 dollars I think that may be wrong but if not it would be great.

I just hope they can combine shipping on all 6 so I can ship them for a $100 or so.

Gruson said:
Good to hear you are buying cases.

Make sure you space out the room in the case just right. Make sure you leave enough head room but not too much or it will look cheesy and just off.
If you don't leave enough, it will look too crammed.

Figure a couple of inches on the side and around 4-6 inches above.

You can see some of my examples in this thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6162

Good luck.
You have the sweetest case. I was actually going to build a wooden case and then I am having problems finding someone who will do it for a reasonable price so I think Im going this way. Not to be nosy or anythign but how much did you PF case cost from the website.

No chance on combined shipping.

They have to each individually be shipped and are packed VERY well.

Each case is in a huge shipping box too.

If I remember, my big Star Wars acrylic case cost around $350 shipped.

Really holy crap thats not bad at all. I will have to get a quote on one. That would be much better for what I wanted to do anyway. So how big is yours again

Also do you have a lot of room in yours it look like it does but I would also like to go ahead and get one big enough for Chewie and the droids which I know are coming and would like to go ahead and get a case big enough to fit all 8 PF eventually.

48" wide
24" tall
18" deep

I wanted it bigger but 48" is the biggest they could make it without shipping it freight.

You can ask them how much shipping would be for a bigger case but I think it was around $400 freight (just for shipping).

Gruson said:
48" wide
24" tall
18" deep

I wanted it bigger but 48" is the biggest they could make it without shipping it freight.

You can ask them how much shipping would be for a bigger case but I think it was around $400 freight (just for shipping).
Ok well I want even ask about making it bigger than 48". Is 18" a good depth for them I would think it would need to be deeper. I guess I will order this case now for the ANH PF and one for Grievous and then just get another one for Obi and Vader when the droids and Chewie are released and individual ones for Luke and Yoda and for Boba Fett when they ship.

Thanks so much Gruson for letting me know about the price of your case I thought it was a lot more than that. I was going to be paying about $800 for individual cases so I might as well get one big one.

Well I just ordered two cases for my PF figures, now all I have to do is build a base for the cases. The only bad thing about these is the shipping was $136 for both of them. Heres what I got. I think the first one is about as big as they make a case and its just like Gruson's case. Sorry about the coping but why should I try to improve on perfection. Now I just hope they all fit in their cases and I they arrive undamaged.
48x18x24 is $ 250.72 plus S&H
24x24x26 is $ 183.66 plus S&H

I now plan on getting cases for everyone of them released. I havent decided if Im going to get just individual one for Luke & Yoda and Boba Fett yet or not. I still got to get my Boba to convert into a order still but I have faith that alot of people will cancel before he ships.

Last edited:
jason2885 said:
Well I just ordered two cases for my PF figures, now all I have to do is build a base for the cases. The only bad thing about these is the shipping was $136 for both of them. Heres what I got. I think the first one is about as big as they make a case and its just like Gruson's case. Sorry about the coping but why should I try to improve on perfection. Now I just hope they all fit in their cases and I they arrive undamaged.
48x18x24 is $ 250.72 plus S&H
24x24x26 is $ 183.66 plus S&H

Nice Jason, hope it arrives ok!

Back