Any Future Stormtroopers in the Pipeline?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellion

Super Freak
Reaction score
So sorry if this has been asked before but what do you guys think the chances are that SS puts out another Stormtrooper? Maybe in the deluxe format? Seems a shame that for us latecomers we need to drop over $300 to get a single trooper (especially since you need at least 2 to have a proper display)

I mentioned this before in another post. I think this is really bad business by SS not to release support figures for the late collectors. Not only are they losing tons of $$, but happy customers as well. It would be great if Hot toys would pick this up.

Yes, but they also have to respect customers who have been buying from them for the life of the series. Re-Releasing a previously sold out item is not good business and can hurt sales and a companies reputation.

However, they can release a variant of the Stormtrooper (likely a specific ROTJ version) and then everybodies happy... which appears to be the plan.

I mentioned this before in another post. I think this is really bad business by SS not to release support figures for the late collectors. Not only are they losing tons of $$, but happy customers as well. It would be great if Hot toys would pick this up.

Ahahahahaha hot toys may pick it up but youll have to wait till 2032 at the pace there going at.

Just give ssc some time and im sure we will get some ESB and ROTJ troopers.

If their new Vader is any indication of the quality of future stormies, then I'm not interested in Sideshow offering me another version of the stormtrooper. Their first version was garbage, and it's an absolute embarassment that they charged what they did for that abortion, when companies like Marmit were doing it 100x better for less money.

Last edited:
Interesting thoughts... but generally wrong. The Original Stormtrooper is actually a great figure, but hindered by the base body (which has since been fixed) being too loose. But the armor looked good and aside from slightly too small codpiece is a solid 1/6 figure.

Not to mention it retailed for $90 which was the same or less than the Marmit, it came with more hands, didn't need to be assembled and both the holster and blaster were far superior. Not to mention being released 10 years or so later at the same price or less than the Marmit. So not sure where you got your stats... but you're just all around wrong :lol

Interesting thoughts... but generally wrong. The Original Stormtrooper is actually a great figure, but hindered by the base body (which has since been fixed) being too loose. But the armor looked good and aside from slightly too small codpiece is a solid 1/6 figure.

Not to mention it retailed for $90 which was the same or less than the Marmit, it came with more hands, didn't need to be assembled and both the holster and blaster were far superior. Not to mention being released 10 years or so later at the same price or less than the Marmit. So not sure where you got your stats... but you're just all around wrong :lol

After looking into it, you're right. I'm not sure why I remember the marmits being much cheaper, but I guess I was mistaken.

The reason that I was so dissapointed with the several Sideshow stormies I had was the sculpt. Marmit actually did the sculpt justice, and like you said, they did it 10 years earlier. Sideshow's sculpt is not nearly as accurate, and this is not a matter of opinion. Plus, Sideshow's stormies could hardly be considered a posable figure. I would classify them as marionettes, their base bodies being so loose.

Yes, but they also have to respect customers who have been buying from them for the life of the series. Re-Releasing a previously sold out item is not good business and can hurt sales and a companies reputation.

However, they can release a variant of the Stormtrooper (likely a specific ROTJ version) and then everybodies happy... which appears to be the plan.

This has yet to stop a little company in Hong Kong from doing it. :mad:

Yeah, Hot Toys doesn't care how many times they re-release the same figure as long as people keep buying them.

Yeah, Hot Toys doesn't care how many times they re-release the same figure as long as people keep buying them.

In Hot Toys' defense, ever re-release they've done has been with all-new molds, tailoring, and with much improved paint apps. Meanwhile, a good hunk of Sideshow's clones are repaints, and yet no one complains.

Yeah, just compare ED-209 to the original. I don't mind if SSC or HT re-release characters, so long as there is a marked improvement.

I'd be happy with a re-release, just to be able to get a few without having to resort to eBay.

In Hot Toys' defense, ever re-release they've done has been with all-new molds, tailoring, and with much improved paint apps. Meanwhile, a good hunk of Sideshow's clones are repaints, and yet no one complains.

Nah, they're pretty much all re-release with the exception of a few straps, changes to expression, etc.

And same thing with the Stormtroopers... Sideshow's released the regular version (with exclusive), Han and Luke 2 Pack, Blackhole and the Force Unleashed Commander.

And then some of the armor for the Stormies was reused for the Sandtroopers. They get a lot of mileage out of these kinds of figures when the can.

That's why I assume (and it's been hinted at by Sideshow) there will be another Stormtrooper release, but it will not be the ANH version.

If their new Vader is any indication of the quality of future stormies, then I'm not interested in Sideshow offering me another version of the stormtrooper. Their first version was garbage, and it's an absolute embarassment that they charged what they did for that abortion, when companies like Marmit were doing it 100x better for less money.

As an owner of both Marmit and SSC Troopers (yes, multiple, including Sandtroopers), I feel I'm justified, if not qualified to say you don't know what you're talking about. Just absolutely everything in your last sentence is completely misinformed hyperbole. Do you even know how much the original Stormtrooper cost from SSC? It sounds to me as if you have never owned either the Marmit nor SSC products.

As far as new SSC Stormtrooper, bring it on with new sculpting and additional accessories (deluxe version).

I like the SS Stormie but it is far from perfect.

Cons: Body is floppy, helmet looks quite odd, no neck, chest armor needs reshaping (so here SS goes on par with Marmit), tiny cod piece, leg armor flies on body.

Pros: great ABS armor material (compared to Marmit's PVC), the fabric belt and air canister/thermal detonator are very accurate, the multiple hands are cool, and fantastic E-11 blaster (which is the best 1:6 Stormie blaster I've ever seen)

If SS releases a new Stormie they can simply paint the frown black and thus call it ESB. Much easier than doing a new armor sculpt to make it ROTJ.

Honestly the best stormie imo is a combination of the ssc and marmit. If ya combine a marmit helmet with a ssc stromie with modified chest armor. Looks damn good to me.

I think if they released an Anh accurate scuplt nobody would complain except the people who can't tell the difference. The ssc helms have grown on me over time and the sandies all muddied up look real cool, same for the standard troops all glossed up but overall they remind me of FX armour. Good for the time but just not 100%. A marmit sculpt using ssc material and a new body would be perfection IMO

Last edited:
I think if they released an Anh accurate scuplt nobody would complain except the people who can't tell the difference. The ssc helms have grown on me over time and the sandies all muddied up look real cool, same for the standard troops all glossed up but overall they remind me of FX armour. Good for the time but just not 100%. A marmit sculpt using ssc material and a new body would be perfection IMO

On it! :D Going to be casting the parts up this fall to go with Vader next year! :rock

Back