Grudge 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy-collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey the grudge 2 comes out october 20th who else here carnt wait?

Im so excited for one the first one was great and two Sarah michelle gellar is in it!!!!

Does any one no what its certificated at?I heard pg 13 but some say 15.

I thought the first one was alright, certainly better than the snoozefest that was The Ring, but I can't say I'm in a hurry to see the sequel. Grudge 2 also seems to have more of a cheesy, teeny bopper feel to it based on the ads I've seen.

I'll see it, but only because I'm a fan of the original Ju-On. The American version was ok, bt it left out so many elements of pacing and sound that made the original creepy. I saw Ju-On before there was any word of The Grudge yet, so to me I love it, but pals who've seen it after the American version don't care for it. I'm a huge fan of Japanese horror, they really nail alot of older style elements tht makes horror a great genre. I'll see the American version of this as well, after I've seen Ju-On 2, but I doubt I'll care for it.

I actually think that the Grudge 2 will be better than the first, it certainly looks more freaky. I belive though it comes out here in the US this Friday the 13th.

But---I'm more looking to Saw 3, I think that one will be really good.

I don't know. How many times can Takeshi Shimizu make the same movie? How many times can I watch the same movie?

I love SMG and also the Joan of Arcadia girl - but the trailer does nothing for me really.

I liked Joan of Arcadia, but it got to messed up "Hey, this show is about a family that has extreme problems every episode!"

But this one actually seems more freaky than the first.

The original Ju On was so much better than the American version that it wasn't even funny. I'm going to see the new one on the 13th w/some friends for the hell of it... but I'm really not interested.

I saw the remake a few weeks ago and was surprised by how much of the 'Asian horror' element was left in the film given it was an 'American' made film (even though it was the same director as the original). Slower pace, not too gory etc..(these are things I've found to be pretty dominant in Asian horror films (at least the ones I've seen). This sequel seems to be sliding away from that just a tad and I'm interested to see it. So to answer the question, yes I'll be seeing it at some point.

I have never seen ju-on but im a fan of Japanese horror.

The first one was really good,its not my fav horror movie because I like slasher one's with blonde girls getting chased lol.But it was an excellent movie and was way creepy.

The second looks good,from the trailer maybe not as good as the first but still good.

The movie poster looks really nice are you mad!

And its been so long since Sarahs last film,im excited to see her again on the big screen.And then next month her other film "the return" comes out and that does look good:D

Well this is out in US(since 13th) and comes out the 20th for us Uk'ers.

Any Us people seen this?I think it looks great.Im seeing it friday:D Even if Sarah is in only 5 mins.

The grudge is the best horror film that has came out since 2000!

Go see the film.Support SMG

I saw it the other night (for free). I thought it was HORRIBLE. I actually liked the first one for its creepy factor (I had no real idea of what was going on in the story, but it creeped me out really bad). This one is full of ridiculously bad acting, random story lines that don't fit together, and way too much of the creepy kid (the first one was more subtle). It was like they took a bunch of stuff they thought was creepy from the first one, and just put it all together with no real plot and WAY too much dumb dialogue. All I can say is thank goodness I didn't pay for this! :monkey1

just saw it. I thought the first was good for a horror movie. i saw part 2 today because i am out of town for work and had some time to waste or i would have waited for the dvd. it does skip around a little bit but nothing that should confuse anyone and the story lines do tie together, i would explain but it might give stuff away..i think. it explains a little more(kind of) of the story. i liked it(for what it is) and thought it had more scary moments than the first.

Last edited:
I just saw Ju-On 2 (what the grudge 2 was a remake of) and it wasn't too good. The first Ju-On again is incredible, and I dislike the remake of it (the Grudge) and Ju-On 2 is not as good as it's original predessesor. I say rent Ju-On, awesome! The second didn't have as much play on sound, for example in Ju-On there was almost no music, hence you didn't know when a creepy part was coming or not,it just hit. In Ju-on 2, you hear the music and know what's about to happen. It's kinda interesting and has some good points, but again lacks a lot of the elements that made Ju-On.

I saw it, it was absolutely horrible. It really is a useless story, there's just no purpose to it. It's not scary at all, and often times I found my self making faces. There's a bunch of stuff to try to scare you and freak you out, but after seeing the first one you expect the things to happen and so there isn't anything scary at all.

Back