Buying Ikea Detolfs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfpro1286

Super Freak
Reaction score
How are you guys getting these if you don't have an Ikea store near you? They want to charge $350 for shipping to Missouri. That is just crazy, but I really want/need one of these!

How are you guys getting these if you don't have an Ikea store near you? They want to charge $350 for shipping to Missouri. That is just crazy, but I really want/need one of these!

i had the same problem , just the one in dublin over 150 miles away from me, just google deliveries for your area from ikea, seems alot of enterprising people buy a van and make regular trips they will make shopping trips and deliever your items for a small charge

yikes_zpsc134882d.png

:slap :gah:

Went to Ikea Store back in oh March, they only had 2... 2 left in stock of the chocolate brown. Ya know what response I got? Come back Next Wednesday... They had 2 instock on computer, not in aisle and I walked around the whole damn warehouse and saw not one in anyone's cart.

They have so many policies it's crazy.

Ya can't hold a item, yet if ya buy online they take the stock from warehouse out and place in pickup.

If ya drived $40 in gas to come there and no stock, no compensation.

And apparently they have signs outside that say $65 for delivery and inside it says $65 and up. Meaning they can charge anything they want cause they have the right too. Plus there's no competitor so basically monopolizing.

Buy a knock-off from Amazon - $135 (total) shipped anywhere in US.

Or find someone local (to an Ikea) to buy it for you and ship it via UPS. Just don't be surprised to find it gets to you shattered. And/or that you end up paying as much for shipping (or more) than Ikea was charging. Shipping 100 lbs of glass is never going to be cheap.

But calling Ikea a monopoly? And saying they have bad policies? That's just silly.

Back