soooo..do you ever get jealous of others' collections?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jealous or envy?

• jealous

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • envious

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters

spiderrogue

Super Freak
Reaction score
i saw someone post about not being jealous about someone else's SW collection..and was just wondering...
do you guys ever get jealous of someone else's SW collection? or any figure collection i guess, really...

honestly, i know that there are/were times that i kind of do..but then think about what i have and am usually ok then...lol..
i know that there are some collections out there that i'd love to have and i know that there are some out there that pretty much have just about what i have....lol...
it's not really the "factory" figures...but moreso the custom ones or really hard to find ones, that i can't do or get....

ignore the poll..my bad

Last edited:
Not so much the collection as the space they have available to display what they have.

Lol, yeah, I guess one's more light-hearted to you than the other? For my part, I just enjoy seeing other peoples' collections, especially when they're displayed well and not cluttered. There's not really that much out that I want and my collection will never contain PFs or some of the franchises a lot of people seem to be into for customs (Breaking Bad is my favourite TV show, for example, but I have no desire for Walt and Jesse figs). Regardless, love seeing that stuff in other collections. So long answer, haven't felt envious/jealous of anyone yet.

Jealous of others collections? No. Envious of some of the talent displayed in creating displays customs and collections? Sometimes

I like my collection and If I had more money and time, yeah Ipd like to change or expand things but overall I'm proud of I because its might rather than jealous of what others have assembled.

In awe as well? Definitely of some.

But the best thing about this site? Is being able to see stuff which makes me a bit jealous with being nasty or *****y about it.

The worst is when people are.
(Not you spider.by the way)

Interesting question tho

I get extremely jealous to the extent I don't want them around mine. as I fear mine will see how much better they might have it & run off with theirs ...........that's why I keep mine locked in a room..........:monkey1

Yep! Both.

Lot of great people with great stuff and great presentation of said stuff.

Basically what keeps me coming back is the admiration of what fellow collectors have and have put together and how they display it. Its all highly individual, but you can also learn alot watching other collectors.

Its also easy to get jealous/envious over things that predate a relatively newer collector like myself.

A perfect example was that I posted in Mando's Steel Brigade thread that I was jealous of the people that had a custom SB head. Mando redid a small run and I got my head and was no longer envious.

Its all good fun and stuff that I wouldn't even know existed if not for fellow freaks sharing what they have. :hi5:

You will all bow down to my massive collection of spores, moulds, and fungi...

No collection thread for that, but yeah you will bow down!

and bacteria, yeah loads of bacteria, cough...cough

Occasionally I see things that other people have that I wish I had and I guess you would call that jealousy. It doesn't last for any prolonged time though because I do have what I personally consider a fantastic collection that includes some things that I know others might wish they had.

Back