12 inch figures are Supras, Premium Formats are Ferraris

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well that's my conclusion anyway. :)

A 12 inch figure is like a late 90's Toyota Supra. Great horsepower right out of the box, but if you want serious performance gains you need to swap out the air filter, exhaust, possibly even replace the turbos. New wheels don't hurt either. :) However to a Ferrari owner your car is still just a glorified Celica, even if your Toyota is modified to go faster. :naughty

A Premium Format figure is like a Ferrari. Top of the line, everything should be perfect out of the box, its not as good a daily driver as the Toyota but your product is in a pretty exclusive high class club of looks and performance. However the price is incredibly high. Moreso even than the upgrade in quality over the Supra, but the owners don't mind because they're still the "best."

I don't think 12 inch figures suck because the paint apps don't match the prototypes. They're just detuned from the factory to be street legal. :D Any hardcore enthusiast can make the necessary upgrades to make them world class collectibles.

But oh those wonderful Ferraris. :chew Would love to have a garage full of them but as with all things in life sometimes priorities dictate what really is or isn't practical.

Until my collection is complete I'll have to drool over the pages of Gruson Trend and Tomandshell & Driver to see exclusive coverage of all the latest models in action. ;)

So, that would make this Hasbro, right?

craig1.jpg

carbo-fation said:
I pretty much agree with everything you said, except I do own several PFs as well! :D
I've just got PF Leia. Awesome figure. But after DA turned my Anakin and Obi-Wan into poseable 1/6 scale PF's I'm finding it harder to abandon the smaller scale. :eek:

King Darkness said:
So, that would make this Hasbro, right?

craig1.jpg
Who has been spying on me on how did they get a picture of my car?:lol

i agree with you Khev. but tell you what... when you do start getting into the PFs you'll appreciate them more. i only have 5 PF (i know, ONLY 5) but i only got ones that i had to get. Ben, Vader, Han... Freddy and Jason. im still waiting for my luke, i.e. Jedi version. i will be picking up a PF Cap. America though. i cant afford to be a completist with all the lines so i just get my favorites.

nash said:
sure they are :lol

Cars are my life. And I've a few Supras to shame with a red neck Camaro :cool:

But I guess if were are living in Fast and the Furious movies, then they are untouchable lol.

actually my friend had one for a while. he kept the exterior stock looking, but as for what was under the hood you'd be surprised. he had 600hp before he had to go with a family car. you might not like the trendiness of the car, but you do need to respect the tuneability of it.

EVILFACE said:

But I guess if were are living in Fast and the Furious movies, then they are untouchable lol.

I can say that the the mid 90s Turbo Supra were good for the money. I much prefer a Muscle Car but can respect but 300+ HP for around 35K (I think thats what they were going for) is pretty good for that time in a new car and that car could handle very well if I remeber correct.

Mid 90's you could buy new Camaro/Trans Am with 300HP and awesome handling for 25K.

Supras can be made fast (same can be said about any car, $$$ is speed) but that interior was hidious with the big wall of switched and vents lol.

EVILFACE said:
Mid 90's you could buy new Camaro/Trans Am with 300HP and awesome handling for 25K.

Supras can be made fast (same can be said about any car, $$$ is speed) but that interior was hidious with the big wall of switched and vents lol.
Camaro/TA was still 275HP until late 90s. The Vette was 300 HP but the Camaro was 275 HP until something like 97-98. Yes any car can be made fast with money but I know that the Supra was in the likes of the Vette , NSX etc.. at the time. I would still take a Trans Am over a Supra, I wish I still had mine.

EVILFACE said:
Well you didnt race me now did ya?

1996 Trans Am WS5 (Ram Air) and Camaro SS were rated at 305 :D

Though nice, they don't compare to the LS1 cars. :cool:

Back