Would you accept Immortality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to become Immortal

• Total voters

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
The-Wolverine-Teaser-Poster-2.jpg

New teaser for The Wolverine got me thinking, would i accept immortality if from some bizarre sequence of events i could become immortal.

Would you like to live forever, Be Immortal?

Ideally my family would also be immortal. If that could be the case then yes, of course. Who wouldn't wanna still be around when we're colonising other planets.

If I'm going to be the only one though and everyone I love is going to die around me, not so easy then.

Even though I'm afraid of death, I'd be more afraid of living forever in some un-ideal state (say you break your neck or something). Plus continually seeing friends and family die would become numbing, I think. And eventually the sun will burn out and there's no guarantee we'll ever make it to another planet (since universe is expanding, they only get further away... plus all stars will eventually go out, with no new ones being created), so it'd be pretty depressing to be around for the end of everything. No thanks!

Hell yeah. That way I could live on forever and research on time travel and immortality so I could come back in time and make my loved ones immortal too. Also, I'd be around to try HT's new fully-functional and mission capable Iron Man suit.

BTW, it should be 'absolutely' :wink1: :peace

Immortality sounds awesome until you really try to wrap your head around it. Could you imagine living for a million years, or a billion? That concept is equally as frightening as death to me.

I can imagine it. Sign me up.

I don't think I'd want to lose the option to die when I'm ready, but I'll take the option of postponing it for an impossibly long time.

Or rather, who wouldn't want to still be around when humanity finally destroys the planet and itself?

tumblr_luz25cRVwx1qci0woo1_500.gif

Oh, yeah, the other thing that would suck is that presumably more and more people would also become immortal and the world's already overpopulated. Last thing I want to live to see is Canada with a population density of India or China, no animals left and the environment totally decimated. Again, I say, no thanks!

I can imagine it. Sign me up.

I don't think I'd want to lose the option to die when I'm ready, but I'll take the option of postponing it for an impossibly long time.

The idea of going on forever and ever just seems really daunting to me.

Lets go with devilof's idea then. The option of death at a time of your choosing is open. That does seem like the ideal scenario to me.

Is this an unconditional immortality, or do food, water, air, etc. still count? Because if none of the immortals needed those things, they wouldn't be using them up. If they did need them, stripping the planet bare would be their death.

Back