MAN OF STEEL: General ZOD 1/6 Icon Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sculpt is awesome! Armor detail is amazing! Paint on the body and base is really good, the head paint is much better than Supes out of the box although he could use a little help, maybe a few more colors in the hair for depth and a bit more shading. The cape is totally cool, it's wire poseable and has a heavy leather look to it.

Very, very happy with this one. Solid and heavy! For the price and the fact that you can actually have it now, it's great!

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
p1020788v.jpg

p1020775w.jpg

p1020778yy.jpg

p1020782k.jpg

p1020783oj.jpg

p1020784q.jpg

p1020771l.jpg

Got the other three statues today! Zod is definitely one of my favorites. The armor is great, and the replicated the sheen of it well from what I've seen of the stills. I do think they went a bit dark around the eyes, but I still think it looks good. I do wish we'd gotten a removable helmet though.

View attachment 62662

Congrats Jon, we are definitely in a small club that appreciates these but I'm happy too!

Yeah, I think they are awesome. Especially for the price point. It's great to have a complete collection for the price of one statue. It definitely was the right choice for me.

He looks really nice, Tamato, maybe his face paint could use a little added detail but that is a small quibble. I like him and Faora both. I may eventually pick these up.

Just got Zod. Awesome piece for the most part. The armor and cape look great. Sculpt is nice but paint is ehhh...a nice touch up/repaint would make a ton of difference.

Just got Zod. Awesome piece for the most part. The armor and cape look great. Sculpt is nice but paint is ehhh...a nice touch up/repaint would make a ton of difference.

Agree, totally. Wish there was an easy way to remove the head, the armor is really going to get in the way on a repaint!

Not really, Just put masking tape over the armored areas and you should be good to go

Or, paint the head first. Then you don't have to be holding the new paint you just put on the armor, while you are painting the head.

Unless Tamato is going to be using an airbrush, in which case yeah.

Just guessing here but I don't think Tomato is planning in repainting the entire statue, only the head. That's the only thing I'd repaint about this statue (and the others as well) at least and that seems what others are repainting as well.

Yes only the head needs repainting but the armor is such (especially around the back of the neck) that it makes some areas impossible to reach/paint

I just got Zod and Faora today, they look great! These will be my stand ins if HT doesn't make them. I'm even thinking about getting Jor-el now since the HT version just revealed is a different outfit.

Once again: :postpics: !!!!!

I say that when I am the world's WORST about posting pix. That is different tho! I am exempt, and all of you are supposed to post pix ASAP. *snickers*

Just kidding.....

I think my Krypton Zod is in Ohio or Missouri or some arcane place now, they disabled tracking tonight... nice. When I get him, I do promise to post a few pix.

I am really itching to get him sussed out paint-wise. Factory paint always disappoints me.... I do wish these statues came with an unpainted version, I would be fine with unpainted AND unassembled. After reading the Poison Ivy PF thread, and seeing the vast unevenness of the quality with her, I really am unhappy with factory workers making my paint choices for me.... of course, she wasn't made by Gentle Giant, so we shall see.

Would it not be awesome if GG decided to release Supes, Zod and Faora 1/4 scale statues?! They do fantastic larger scale stuff, I would be hocking the house to get those.

Some guy on Statue Forum posted a link to a Youtube review of Krypton Zod:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPNdKZQENn8[/ame]

.... which is interesting, veddy inn-teresting..... yep, he's going to need plenty of help re the facepaint. Hopefully I will be up for the challenge... these jobs always scare me to death. This is complicated by GG using translucent flesh-colored resin instead of just painting the heads.

My Zod is cooling his heels over the weekend in Atlanta, GA. Damn it. Oh well, I have work tonite anyways. :pfft: There was not a little bit of meanness going on over on SF re these statues, I feel obligated to make them shine - if only to spite the naysayers.

Some guy on Statue Forum posted a link to a Youtube review of Krypton Zod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPNdKZQENn8

.... which is interesting, veddy inn-teresting..... yep, he's going to need plenty of help re the facepaint. Hopefully I will be up for the challenge... these jobs always scare me to death. This is complicated by GG using translucent flesh-colored resin instead of just painting the heads.

My Zod is cooling his heels over the weekend in Atlanta, GA. Damn it. Oh well, I have work tonite anyways. :pfft: There was not a little bit of meanness going on over on SF re these statues, I feel obligated to make them shine - if only to spite the naysayers.

That in bold had me rolling! :rotfl:lol

Thanks for the review btw...gah! I'm so torn with this line! I want but don't want b/c of the possibility of HT. I've spent so much on MoS already :panic: but damn after watching the review, that armor is just beautiful!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that review, I think I'm sold. I already have the regular version of Zod and I'm very pleased. I'm going to order the variant from WB, hopefully they don't send me the regular by mistake.

I am also thinking of possible HT offerings, but we have seen nary a hint so far. If we DO see a hint, we will get the figures a year or more later. TBH, this lessens my interest.

I think of it like this: I could buy three Iconic statues for less than the price of HT Zod and Faora. Its a little annoying to have to adjust the facepaint, but this will make the statues all the more MINE.

I admit to some anxiety as to whether I am about to get Krypton or Armored Zod, after reading the Youtuber's comments. Oh well, I will make either one work.

I am also thinking of possible HT offerings, but we have seen nary a hint so far. If we DO see a hint, we will get the figures a year or more later. TBH, this lessens my interest.

I think of it like this: I could buy three Iconic statues for less than the price of HT Zod and Faora. Its a little annoying to have to adjust the facepaint, but this will make the statues all the more MINE.

I admit to some anxiety as to whether I am about to get Krypton or Armored Zod, after reading the Youtuber's comments. Oh well, I will make either one work.

My thing is that I feel like as soon as I order these, HT will announce Zod :lol then I'll be pissed. It's so hard to resist products from this movie but if it's 1/6 scale I'd prefer it to be from HT and poseable and not a statue. But again, faith in HT is always a gamble

My thing is that I feel like as soon as I order these, HT will announce Zod :lol then I'll be pissed. It's so hard to resist products from this movie but if it's 1/6 scale I'd prefer it to be from HT and poseable and not a statue. But again, faith in HT is always a gamble

BUUUUUUUUUUT.......... what if HT never releases a Zod? Then this statue will be long sold out, and you'll miss out on having a Zod on your shelves completely.

That's what has me scared. If HT releases Zod, I will probably buy that one too, and just display him in another part of the house than Iconic Zod. We just have zero indication that HT has any such thing in mind though.

Not to mention I cant even imagine what HT Zod is going to list for. I hate having to juggle all this stuff in my head when trying to decide to order, or not.

Back