Will we ever see a Superalloy/Die Cast DOTM Transformers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noizyboi

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I didn't find any information on the topic elsewhere and I'm not sure whether this thread belongs in the request thread, but here goes :)

I've seen a lot of die-cast figures coming out these days with both companies like Hot Toys and Play Imaginative releasing Iron Man 3 figures in the Superalloy and Die-cast categories respectively and I was wondering why we can't see a similar series in Transformers figures?

They needn't be crazy exclusive like the Calibre series or the new Prime1Studio ones (and the crazy price-tags attached with them!) But I think it would be a great idea if we could see super detailed figures of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and even Sentinel Prime in Die-cast metal and with show-quality paint apps with plenty of accessories. The fact that they would be fully articulated would make them even more attractive in my mind :)

They would satisfy a gap in collectibles from this series being in metal and with a reasonable edition number say 750-1000 units?

What do you guys think? Maybe SS or Hot Toys would see this and consider it we have a considerable number of people who would be interested in a series of figures like these. :pray:

Last edited:
Re: Will we ever see a Superalloy/Die Cast 1/4 scale DOTM Transformers?

Cost would be way too damn high for all that. The best offering so far IMO is the Duel Model Kit Optimus which I wish they would explore more for the other characters as well.

A Diecast 1/4 or even 1/6 would cost a fortune. Not to mention the character models are insanely detailed.

Hi guys!

I think having a 1/4 and even a 1/6 scale Optimus Prime and other TF movie characters can't be done, and if ever, no way can it be more affordable compared to the limited to 500 pieces Calibre semi-articulated statue,which is barely 1/12 of the actual Prime prop that is 32 feet tall. At 1/4, Prime would be a whopping 8 feet tall, and a little over 5 feet at 1/6 scale!

Picture this: Calibre's 20-inch Prime retails at US$1700 -- combo of resin and metal.

Beast Kingdom's 1:1 Mark 42 figure, over 6' tall, 7 feet with base -- is almost US$9000.

So a 1/4, even a 1/6 detailed TF movie figure would be insanely huge and insanely expensive.

Hi guys!

I think having a 1/4 and even a 1/6 scale Optimus Prime and other TF movie characters can't be done, and if ever, no way can it be more affordable compared to the limited to 500 pieces Calibre semi-articulated statue,which is barely 1/12 of the actual Prime prop that is 32 feet tall. At 1/4, Prime would be a whopping 8 feet tall, and a little over 5 feet at 1/6 scale!

Picture this: Calibre's 20-inch Prime retails at US$1700 -- combo of resin and metal.

Beast Kingdom's 1:1 Mark 42 figure, over 6' tall, 7 feet with base -- is almost US$9000.

So a 1/4, even a 1/6 detailed TF movie figure would be insanely huge and insanely expensive.

Hey! Hi there and thanks for weighing in! :)

I'm sorry for my confusing post, you're quite right about the scales being beyond 8 feet if we consider the CGI character's dimensions in the film. :slap

I'm sorry I wasn't very clear about what I was trying to say. When I was talking about the scale, I was comparing to the current Play Imaginative Iron Man super alloy 1/4th scale. I was thinking more of a 20-24 inch version of Prime (Bee suitably scaled of course) I admit it's not an easy proposition to make such detailed figures, but if they could keep it in the $1000-1400 range and make an edition size of maybe 750-1500 it could be possible.

i.e Prime Maquette which was 24" and priced at $1200. The edition size was just 150, so a lot of us missed out. Considering an all metal version I would say around $200-400 more than that figure would be reasonable?

I love the detail on the DOTM Takara Prime Dual Model Kit. (I loved it so much I bough both versions. The clear and the standard) It was super detailed, but I feel there is a place for a larger, fully articulated figure.

Though Calibre tried with their offering it was never a 100% replica nor was it as articulated as they claimed. But a fully poseable Optimus Prime? That's something worth a Price tag of $100-1400.

Last edited:

Cost would be way too damn high for all that. The best offering so far IMO is the Duel Model Kit Optimus which I wish they would explore more for the other characters as well.

A Diecast 1/4 or even 1/6 would cost a fortune. Not to mention the character models are insanely detailed.

:( I know. If only thy had made a large version of DMK Prime!

I'm really hoping that I'm not the only one who'd kill to have Superalloy/Die-cast DOTM Transformers :) *looks around*

Last edited:
Back