Hot Toys Joker2.0 repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hottoyskyle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey collectors,
I'm new here so still trying to figure out everything..
here are some pics of the 2.0 joker from hot toys, I repainted the hair and face to have more of a realistic feel, and based the make-up off the party crashing scene, weathered his coat up a bit, dont worry I have stock counterparts away in the box :) anyway just having fun thanks for checking out the thread ..

-kyle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really nice paint application. I was slightly disappointed with the laughing sculpt when it came to production but your paint app really breaths life into it and captures the scene :)

Really nice paint application. I was slightly disappointed with the laughing sculpt when it came to production but your paint app really breaths life into it and captures the scene :)

Thank you :) yeah I know what you mean it was a little washed out on both those sculpts in the 2.0 package :\

Its amazing how much a decent paint job can really change a piece.

Really nice job

thanks man:hi5: much appreciated. yes these stock sculpted need a brighter white and i think they would have been much better, but hot toys still did a dull color pallette to the hair.. but i can see why they did what they did because this took me a few days and many hours of tweaking, dont think hot toys had the time to invest so many layers and colors..my camera doesnt do this justice, much nicer inperson and less saturated in color..

I agree. The paint job is pretty nice for mass production but if your decent with a brush and have a good eye, they can look real nice :)

Great work, definitely amongst my favourite repaints I've seen on this forum. I think some look to much like they've been painted but you've maintained the look of the piece fantastically. :clap

Back