Statue Star Wars Mythos - Will it continue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Last week I was talking to empacker04 and he asked if I thought that SS was going to keep putting out more characters for the Mythos line. I immediately said yes.... But then I got to thinking...

None of the Mythos have sold out yet and we have not heard or seen anything about the line since SDCC and Vader. Is this how SSC usually operates with a specific line? Think we will be seeing more at SDCC??

Personally I think it will and that we will see more at SDCC but I have never collected a specific line of items before. So I thought I would see what some of you experts think :)

I sure hope they do as I think this mythos line is the best SW collectables produced in a long time.

I would like to see it continue, but SS needs to lower the ES of these things. Even a character like Fett, 2500 pieces is a lot and at that price also.

The universe is ripe with characters that will fit this mold, but SS has to realize that it's mainly the hard-core collectors that will be going after them.

I hope it continues, but the jury is still out, IMO.

To me its clearly the price. If they would lower them I am very sure people would jump on them much faster instead of hesitating.

I can speak for myself that I would go with every single one of them in case they would be in a $250 - $280 range. But up to $350 is a lot for a 1/5 statue.

now about continuing.. I hope so.. My focus is on the PF but this line is so different and I would love to see characters outside the movie perspective.

But yes, No new announcement so close to SDCC is a bit concerning.. maybe we all should bug them via facebook !!! :lol actually, we really should do that.. if they get 10 facebook posts about the mythos line, they have to answer one at least !

Sideshow has spoken of producing more pieces, we shall see. I am on the hook for the first 5. After that, who knows? There's only so much room and money to spare.

But yes, No new announcement so close to SDCC is a bit concerning.. maybe we all should bug them via facebook !!! :lol actually, we really should do that.. if they get 10 facebook posts about the mythos line, they have to answer one at least !

Off to facebook I go :)

Last week I was talking to empacker04 and he asked if I thought that SS was going to keep putting out more characters for the Mythos line. I immediately said yes.... But then I got to thinking...

None of the Mythos have sold out yet and we have not heard or seen anything about the line since SDCC and Vader. Is this how SSC usually operates with a specific line? Think we will be seeing more at SDCC??

Personally I think it will and that we will see more at SDCC but I have never collected a specific line of items before. So I thought I would see what some of you experts think :)

I sure hope they do as I think this mythos line is the best SW collectables produced in a long time.

Well Gammy did sell out, of course his ES was much lower...
I really hope they continue with it, the mythos statues have "something" the PF don't, I don't know but I feel they are more artistic and original. They take more risks and liberties.

I got into this hobby just a few moths ago, and I did because I was reading an article on february at geektyrant about the possibility of an Obi-Wan movie (after disney bought SW) and the picture in the article was the Ben Kenobi Mythos statue, they never mentioned the statue in the article but I was so shocked by that piece of art that I went and did my research, and now I have 3 statues in my hands and 10 on pre-order and all of this started for me with that little picture on the article. For me the Pieces of the Mythos line are works of art :)

I really hope they continue with it, the mythos statues have "something" the PF don't, I don't know but I feel they are more artistic and original. They take more risks and liberties.

I got into this hobby just a few moths ago, and I did because I was reading an article on february at geektyrant about the possibility of an Obi-Wan movie (after disney bought SW) and the picture in the article was the Ben Kenobi Mythos statue, they never mentioned the statue in the article but I was so shocked by that piece of art that I went and did my research, and now I have 3 statues in my hands and 10 on pre-order and all of this started for me with that little picture on the article. For me the Pieces of the Mythos line are works of art :)

You bet they are. I agree 100%.:rock

To me its clearly the price. If they would lower them I am very sure people would jump on them much faster instead of hesitating.

I can speak for myself that I would go with every single one of them in case they would be in a $250 - $280 range. But up to $350 is a lot for a 1/5 statue.

now about continuing.. I hope so.. My focus is on the PF but this line is so different and I would love to see characters outside the movie perspective.

Even with the high cost of these Mythos pieces one came missing a certain crucial piece...His darn lightsaber hilt!

Thanks again MYC! Let's hope Sideshow doesn't force you to pick up the pieces for us again.

Even with the high cost of these Mythos pieces one came missing a certain crucial piece...His darn lightsaber hilt!

Thanks again MYC! Let's hope Sideshow doesn't force you to pick up the pieces for us again.

its been a pleasure for these great people here.. all the appreciation was worth it :) Its been a great experience for myself.. also doing my first work in wax :)

sorry for the off-topic :lol

facebook bombing now please on SSC Facebook wall

its been a pleasure for these great people here.. all the appreciation was worth it :) Its been a great experience for myself.. also doing my first work in wax :)

sorry for the off-topic :lol

facebook bombing now please on SSC Facebook wall

No need to apologize, I brought it up. I might be interested in more piecs from this line. However with no mercy when it comes to the pricing...I think it will be the first 5 and then I'm out. I fell for each one when they were previewed so I must ignore the rest of them.:rotfl

P.S. I'm glad you enjoyed the project and hopefully it benefited you in more ways than one my friend, take care.

Thank you my friend !! really appreciate it ! :)

Back to topic...

here is the answer from SSC:
The Mythos line is definitely continuing, but I have not heard yet what we can expect next. We'll keep you updated!

this does not sound pretty good in order to see anything soon... 2 years from now until we have something on hand IMO

PS: FACEBOOK TROLLING WORKS ! :D Thanks guys ! NOW lets ask for the new Vader PF ! :lol

Thank you my friend !! really appreciate it ! :)

Back to topic...

here is the answer from SSC:

this does not sound pretty good in order to see anything soon... 2 years from now until we have something on hand IMO

Yep, the answer I got was:

"More Mythos statues are definitely in the works, but this Comic-Con would be a little too soon to see anything. We'll definitely be updating when we have sneak peeks available. "

So we´ll have to wait a while I guess...

Apart from what is highlighted my own explanation is that a fully sculpted statue if done correctly is by far superior to any "dressed" one. There is really no comparison.

my wife is trolling me on my facebook post !! sometimes I could just

anyway.. I think its cool to have not just the scale what clearly separates the PF line from the Mythos line.. but also the mixed media vs. fully sculpted... another reason to be tempted to collect both lines

the mythos statues have "something" the PF don't, I don't know but I feel they are more artistic and original. They take more risks and liberties.

Apart from what is highlighted my own explanation is that a fully sculpted statue if done correctly is by far superior to any "dressed" one. There is really no comparison.

For me it's all about how these statues make me feel.

They remind me of life before the PT. When I used my imagination to think of what these characters were like before or between the original films.

These statues tell such a great story that you can't help but let your imagination flow and fill in the gaps. Just like we use to have to when we first heard of the Clone wars, or Vader's and Obi Wan's original duel, or when we heard that Vader hunt down and killed the Jedi (all of which were much better in my mind).

I miss those days and these statues bring that feeling of wonder back to life.

For me it's all about how these statues make me feel.

They remind me of life before the PT. When I used my imagination to think of what these characters were like before or between the original films.

These statues tell such a great story that you can't help but let your imagination flow and fill in the gaps. Just like we use to have to when we first heard of the Clone wars, or Vader's and Obi Wan's original duel, or when we heard that Vader hunt down and killed the Jedi (all of which were much better in my mind).

I miss those days and these statues bring that feeling of wonder back to life.

I couldn't agree more. I keep thinking about how cool it would be to see a Boba Fett movie based on his Mythos statue. He has all his equipment and is ready to take on an army.

A book of Obi Wan is coming out this year so maybe a movie one day: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BO4GR08/ref=oh_d__o05_details_o05__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

I think we will see Grievous at SDCC other than that I haven't a clue who they will do, hopefully they will only do a couple a year as I just can't afford too much these days, my Obi arrives today and he will be displayed with the custom hilt on his belt, I'm just torn which head to have but ithink it will be Guiness for my display.

No! I want a new batch of 5!
Some awesome options:
Geared up Greedo, pre cyborg Grievous, old man Luke, Jedi Leia, dancing Oola, Tusken unwrapped, Xizor, Bossk on a hunt.

Back